cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automated vendor block on creation without user inputs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

we have Scenario blocking the vendor in creation.

This should be an automated vendor block on creation without user inputs . User doesnt have to check the respective fields .

SAPMF02K is the user exit, however there is no control on LFA1 to update the respective fields

Also found a Business transaction event 00001421 and a Function module has been implemented, again the same case no control on LFA1 to populate the respective fields.

there is a badi too "VENDOR_ADD_DATA', it also has the same issue as above , cannot update LFA1 through this.

Checked if there are any other screen enhancements for the screen "sapmf02k", havent found any.

Now the other workaround that I thought would be triggering an event on creation of vendor (XK01) and use an FM to update LFA1-SPERR & LFA1-SPERM or do a BDC to update the Fields.

Please suggest if you have any ideas how this can be done other than the above options. Also please do confirm if triggering an event and updating the fields is the right/best approach.

Thanks

Rachmani Asher

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asher,

I am not sure that why you want to vendor in creation but blocking is done through transaction XK05, never update tables directly.

Another way is that you can also define sensitive fields for vendor master records. When there is a creation or change vendor will be blocked until it is approved in FK08.

Regards, Melih

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melih

I want to block the vendor in creation without user inputs:

Not in T-code mk01<extras<blocked data, and definiately not after creating the vendor and using t-code MK05.

The only thing that I want to know is how i can change a field in table LFA1 while creating the vendor with UE or badi .

Thanks

Rachmani Asher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asher,

You can customize sensitive fields (Financial Accounting-Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable-Vendor Accounts-Master Data-Preparations for Creating Vendor Master Data-Define Sensitive Fields for Dual Control (Vendors)) for vendor master.

LFA1 or LFB1-CONFS field gives the status of the confirmation of sensitive changes such as;

If it is u201Cspaceu201D account not blocked (confirmed)

If it is u201C1u201D account blocked (not confirmed)

If it is u201C2u201D account blocked (rejected)

Sensitive field means that when there are update(s) in any of these fields you vendor account is blocked for payment, which means you can still create PO-PR with respect to unconfirmed vendor, until it is approved by second person.

But if you want to prevent creation of any of those you can use FM: SAMPLE_INTERFACE_00001460

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melih

thanks for your answer

when I create a vendor I 'm using the badi VENDOR_ADD_DATA to insert X in field LFM1-SPERM to block the vendor at purchasing organization level

so I can't create a purchase order in purchasing organization level

and when blocking the vendor I want to insert in table LFA1-SPERQ some reason.

in this case Sensitive Fields can't help me.

the only thing that is missing for me is to insert reason in table LFA1-SPERQ when creating the vendor.

thanks

Asher

former_member202528
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably you can chk the below settings,

SAP you have the option to customize the fields which will be active in the standard screen of SAP programs. This can be achieved by doing the customization in the R/3 system in the path

Logistics - General->Business Partner->Vendors->Control->Define Account Groups and Field Selection (Vendor)

What you need to do is in SAP R/3 system in transaction SPRO, follow the path above and check whether the specified field is mentioned to be active or not.

If the settings are correct, then I am sure it might be of User Authorizations issue....porbably the user doesn't have to authorization to block the vendor.

BR,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

the field that I what to insert its: Block for quality reason<Block function,

field = LFA1-SPERQ

it is not valid in Define Account Groups and Field Selection (Vendor)

thanks

Asher

former_member202528
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure you are passing valid field values in this field. As such block function has got 01,02, 03...etc for differnet block reasons.

If you pass 'X' in this field, then system wont identify the same.

BR,

Krishna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

there is no functionality in standard to modify standard master data.

In clear no user exit, no Business Transaction Event (BTE), no BAdI is designed to do this....

As written by a someone else, do not change database data directly is possible.

BUT if you do so, prefer the BAdI VENDOR_ADD_DATA and develop your own custom function module called in update task to do so.

Eventually, you may need to call function module KRED_WRITE_DOCUMENT in update task too.

good luck

Alain