cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project/WBS Basic finish dates not getting refreshed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In our scenario, we are using bottom-up scheduling method and the Scheduling type as "Forwards". I have given the Project Start date and maintained relationship for all the acitivites along with duration. First time when I scheduled I got the Basic finish dates for Project and the WBS elements. According to this, I presume that whenever there is a change in the duration of any activity and a scheduling is carried out, the finish dates of the all the WBS elements and the Project definition gets changed whereas it is not automatically getting updated. Only if I remove the existing finish dates (which got populated during my first scheduling) and schedule, it is refreshing the dates. Where I am making the mistake ?

Awaiting your expert guidance.

Thanks in advance,

Vinodh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try ticking the "Adjust Basic Dates" option in the Control Parameters for WBS Scheduling (SPRO) and revert.

Regards,

Gokul

Edited by: Gokul on Oct 6, 2010 11:54 AM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

-deleted-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinodh,

This option doesnt work for the forward scheduling, this will work for the back ward scheduling only. In OPU6 transaction press F1 in the fields adjust dates and read the help document, which explains in detail.

Also, you have to enable the option Adjust dates in for the WBS element scheduling, follow the path: IMG-PS-Dates-Date planning in WBS - Define parameters for WBS scheduling. Here also choose the scheduling method as Network determines dates

I think by selecting the option Automatic Scheduling, the dates are automatically updated when ever you carry out any changes in the dates and save, means no need to carry the scheduling again.

Try the above and revert with your observations.

Praveen

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This option doesnt work for the forward scheduling, this will work for the back ward scheduling only

I dont see in F1 help document for "Adjust Dates" field saying that it wont work for Forward scheduling type. It clearly says that for forward scheduling "Basic Finish Dates" will be adjusted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmed,

FYI...

Adjust dates in lead time scheduling

Determines if and how the basic dates or the dependent requirements dates are adjusted during lead time scheduling, and after scheduling, the new basic dates differ from the old basic dates.

In backward scheduling the system adjusts the basic start date if necessary, in the case of forward scheduling the basic finish date. The basic finish date is not adjusted in planned orders.

the above is from F1 help.

Praveen

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In backward scheduling the system adjusts the basic start date if necessary, in the case of forward scheduling the basic finish date

It says in case of forward scheduling system adjusts Basic finish date. Where it says it wont work for forward scheduling.?

Former Member
0 Kudos
The basic finish date is not adjusted in planned orders.
former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the question here is about WBSE and Project Definition not planned orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the finish date is not adjusted in order level i.e., network, then how come the dates at WBSE are adjusted? since it is bottom up scenario...

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It says planned order not network. It will adjust the basic finish date, if the activity date is changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, may be I am wrong...

I have simulated the scenario with the Forward schedule it is working to some extent.

From my observations, I have increased the duration of the activities and again scheduled, the dates are refreshed upto the Project definition level.

But when I reduce the activity duration the dates are refreshed upto the corresponding WBS elements only.....

The same is happening even with the Backward scheduling option too.

Some thing strange.

Praveen

Edited by: b praveen savan on Oct 6, 2010 2:50 PM

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen & Vinvidh,

The solution to your problem/question lies in SAP Help. I would suggest you to go through the SAP Help regarding scheduling then you will understand where the problem is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found a note on the WBS scheduling, sharing here for info.

683940 WBS scheduling

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.