cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deallocation of production orders in DS board

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When planned order is converted into production order in ECC,production order is seen in APO as well. But this production order is in De-allocated state i.e no loading is seen on resource in DS boardand neither it is captured in any report.

When we reschedule the same , resource gets loaded and is seen in reports as well.

How to prevent De-allocation of production order after converting Planned to production order?. Any setting reqd.?

Request your views.

Regards

Hemant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, this is standard behaviour. However , you can check user exit solution from Note 370959 for exit EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_ORD_001 but please check the 'Caution' mentioned in the note.

Br - Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Hemant

This seems to be a standard SAP behavior. We also faced the issue while converting the planned order to production order in ECC. However when the same planned order is converted to prod order in APO, the orders remains allocated. After that, even if you make any changes to the production order (excluding master data), the order remains in the allocated stage.

We had approached SAP in this regard and they also suggested changing the ways of working.

Check if you can adopt the same ways of working or the above previous reply helps.

Rgds, Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

Thanks for your input.

After setting conversion indicator, the production order remains in allocated state. so that resolves my problem.

But i have other issue now. In our Make to order scenario there are various types of order types - e.g domestic separate export separate and corresponding no. ranges are different.

Now my issue is, if I put conversion indicator how it will understand which order type to pick up?

Any solution?

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In R/3 please check the production scheduing profile or Productoin scheduler assigned in the material master.

Rgs- Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for your reply.

In prod.schd profile we can attach only one order type under Make To Order.

in our case we have several order types and corresponding no. ranges for Make to Order , so during setting conversion indicatorin APO, system will not be able to decide on which order type to be selected.

Some user exit will have to be tried out which can pick up order type based on sales order type.

If anybody has experience in this regard, kindly share.

Once again Thanks for the reply.

Regards

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is not much difference in planned order and production order in APO.I think when the conversion is made the order type

determination is doen in R/3 only.

Can you please explain what exactly you mean by 'based on sales order type'

Rgs- Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

When you set conversion indicator it creates production order in created stage in ECC.

For a material which is of the Make to Order strategy there are different order types of production and corresponding no. range depending on whether the order is for domestic market or export and so on and so forth. (This ECC system is up and running for last 3 years and all reports developments are done based on it )

Now when conversion indicator is set in APO,it tries to see which production order type to be picked up for creating production order. Suppose in the work scheduling view production scheduling profile is attached it will be able to pickup appropriate order type. But since the same material can be used for domestic as well as export you can not have two scheduling profiles attached to single material.

So as a result, system can not understand which order type to be picked up.

But since sales order types are different for export and domestic, it will have to be worked out based on which sales order the planned order is created and correspondingly which order type to be selected for production order.

Kindly let me know if there is work around.

Regards

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

While CIF transfers the production orders to APO , rescheudling occurs as per startegy profile maintained for R/3 Integration

. It is possible that, there are scheduling issues while Production order is being transferred and hence production order gets de-allocated.

You will find startegy profile for CIF integration , in SPRO .... APO >> PPDS >> Global Setting >>Maintain Global Parameters and Default Values

Schedule Orders: Startegy Profiles > R/3 Integration

Normally "SAPINTR3' startegy is used for this. Please check the strategy profile in your case and it is recommended to have Scheduling mode as "Infinite Scheduling".

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Datta

We already have settings as described by you.

Regards

Hemant