cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got warning in audit log but I don't get any alerts...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have File Adapter sender with FCC.

Because I was curious how FCC will behave when invalid file is used as a source file.

I deleted much of the contents in the source file and the File adpater with FCC read it.

In communication channel monitoring in RWB, I got this message in Audit log.

"Empty document found - proceed without sending message".

However, I cannot find this message anywhere else... Either in Message Monitoring (RWB) or SXMB_MONI (SAPGUI).

Also, I don't get any alerts.

How do I get alerts when file is not processed by file adapter?

Also, how do I view alert view for this kind of error?

Thank you.

-Won

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Won,

I suppose that you have checked alredy that your alerts are setup correctly and rules are defined for it.

First, you might set the log level of the file adapter to debug - you should see the issue in the NWA log.

Should PI try to generate an alert but fails, you would also see it here and locate your problem.

But, my opinon is that your chances are not very good to get an alert in such case. SAP decided for which issue they issue an alert and for which not.

When you have an empty file in the file adapter, it seems that SAP thiks that this is not to critical and therefore they don't issue an alert.

The reason why you dont see it anywhere else is, that the adapter generates a message id only when there is something to make a message. Empty file means no message and you can not see it in the monitoring tools.

best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, Markus Sehr.

Sorry but can you tell me how to increase the log level to debug for file adapter?

-Won

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Won,

Can you quote your FCC file structure, parameters.

There's some problem with FCC parameters.

Regards,

Sushama