cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh Landscape with ECC, SEM-BI, SCM, GTS using TDMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently implementing TDMS and are trying to develop a strategy to refresh our non-production landscapes from our production systems. We will be using TDMS to refresh our ECC and SEM-BI systems, however, we are struggling with strategies to refresh GTS and SCM. We found information in the TDMS Solution Operation Guide that gives a couple different strategies for refreshing SCM. However, we cannot find strategies for other SAP business applications like GTS.

Has anyone encountered a similiar situation? If so, what process or best practice did you use to refresh business applications where TDMS cannot be used?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

Best Regards,

Denise

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Current version of TDMS - TDMS 3.0 doesnt support SCM and GTS.

The best solution in your case (if the systems dont have huge amount of data) to do a system copy to create/refresh your test systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for providing an answer so promptly. I am aware that TDMS 3.0 does not work with GTS and SCM. I believe we can use one of the two options provided in the TDMS Solution Operation Guide under TDMS and APO section to refresh SCM, however, we will be using a time-slice when refreshing ECC, so a system copy of GTS will be picking up much more data than we need. Does someone have another alternative for GTS?

Best Regards,

Denise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denise,

we are struggling with the same questions. I think for APO/SCM you/we can perform an initial transfer from R/3 to solve the issue (more or less the same as an initial load from BW if the TDMS BW add-on is not used) but for GTS I also don't know yet. How did you solve the issue, or is it still not solved? Is the only solution a complete refresh for GTS from production?

kind regards

Herman Berkhoff

Answers (0)