cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Approval for vendors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Setting up / Maintaining vendors trigger a workflow process.Is it possible for the approver to mass approve all the vendors in SAP Business Workplace workflow tasks instead of one by one? Kindly suggest. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inbox in NettWeaver Business Client (NWBC) browser has function for multiple selection and action.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to automate this vendor approval process ?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean automation?

I say if it is mass operation, it is not real approval because approver does not check anything. I won't develop workflow if it is mass operation.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can the process be automated as in where this person doesn't have to goto each and every task individually and approve it but it happens automatically ?or does it mean the purpose of the workflow is lost if we need automation in this approval step ? Kindly suggest.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, I won't use workflow. When vendor is created by responsible purchaser, vendor is active immediately.

You need a business reason why do you need blind approval without checking detail data?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thanks for your helpful inputs. The input i got back from procurement dept is they are doing mass maintenance of vendors and as a result they get tons of mails.Currently there are 8000 mails waiting for approval.In this scenario what should they do ? Should they forgo workflow entirely ? Kindly let me know.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on all business side decision. You can ask what were business reasons they had developed such workflow.

If the business rule says all changes in vendor master, responsible person should check details and approve it , they have to follow the business rule. I would implement workflow only for new vendor and only for the specific field value has been changed. My comment was just mass approval does not make a sense to use workflow because it is blind approval and it creates non-value activities. You can remove non-value process and make it simple and make it faster business process.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa for all the valuable inputs.I am closing this message.

Answers (0)