cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues updating method in main WDA app

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey gurus...

I've got a scenario I quite haven't figured out. I have an application that I'm calling from a base application. I'm doing some processing in the app, and when done, going back to the base application to finish up, kind of like an intermediate step.

When I'm in the app, I want to update the roadmap in the base application, and right now i can't. I'm trying to use interface context nodes to help me, but it's not working. I do have an assistance class that is being used by both apps, but that doesn't help either.

I'm reading up about the ZIWCI class that is created from a WDA, but haven't tried anything with it yet.

Any suggestions?

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like you want to use the suspend/resume functionality - but since you mention roadmap I'm also thinking you might be using the FPM GAF - if this is the case then the suspend/resume functionality is very limited.

If you're not limited by the functionality supported by the FPM, then it should be reasonably easy to suspend your app, do the additional processing and then on resume update the roadmap.

Check out the [suspend resume functionality as documented in SAP Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/45/19bf8c16f25d7ae10000000a11466f/frameset.htm]

I'd not be messing directly with the generated classes in any way if I were you - and I'm not really sure I'd see the utility anyway!

Let us know if you are using the FPM as there may be some other possibilities (although these are very limited).

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chris,

I'm not using the FPM. These are just standalone (if you want to call it that) applications. What I'm doing is starting up the base app, once I get to a certain point, I call my next view. Inside that view is the other application. So, I'm running one app inside the other, using a view container. I created a context node in the embedded app, and I'm using it in the base app, through interface context node. I have a couple nodes, and one I can store and pass information to and from, but for some reason, this one, when I go to change the information and put it back into the node, it doesn't seem to like that...

Would the suspend and resume work in this instance?

I'll stay away from the classes as well.

Cheers,

Kevin

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

suspend and resume is more for launching a whole new app and then restarting your app at the point you left it, without having to go through all sorts of complications.

the way you mention it, you are just "embedding" the other app in your view as if it were a used component of your application rather than a completely stand-alone application kind of like using the WDA ALV component - or am I mistaken?

In this case I can't see any reason why mapped and shared context nodes should not allow data to be moved between the two components.

If the other app is truely an application in its own right rather than a reusable component - you might want to use the suspend/resume functions as this then allows the app access to it's own window etc.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chris,

I got it to work... after looking deeper, there was a mapping issue...

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Kevin