cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change run for compounded infoobject

0 Kudos

Hi gurus!

In InfoCube 0CCA_C11 i have defined one new dimension for a new Characteristic ZNEW_CHAR. This InfoObject is defined as compounded by 0COSTCENTER, 0CO_AREA and 0COSTELMNT. This because one value in ZNEW_CHAR can have many combinations of 0COSTCENTER, 0CO_AREA and 0COSTELMNT values.

I need to find a way so that whenever the master data in ZNEW_CHAR is updated, the value for ZNEW_CHAR in 0CCA_C11 is updated too so the value is always the same derivated from 0COSTCENTER, 0CO_AREA and 0COSTELMNT.

How to do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer voodi but i think i would still need to create a routine to apply the reorganization. You see, since ZCOSTCENTER would be a compounded object with 0COSTELMNT, I would need to add it to the InfoCube and the problem would be the same.

What if I create an IO whose value is the concatenation of 0COST_AREA, 0COSTCENTER and 0COSTELMNT and has ZNEW_CHAR as an attribute? I would add it to a line dimension instead of ZNEW_CHAR and everytime the new IO is update with the corresponding ZNEW_CHAR, the change run would run automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change run is applicable only to masterdata attr and hierarchies. It doesn realign the cube data. So your only way is having it as a navigational attr. Read my previous answer carefully, you can easily achieve this by that route.

0 Kudos

I can't create a new IO ZCOSTCENTER with reference from 0COSTCENTER and compound it to 0COSTELMNT. SAP shows a message saying that the reference IOs must be the same in reference and referenced IO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry - my bad - use 0COSTCENTER as template not Reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You CANNOT do that automatically if you have to write the value of new char to the cube, as that value will be what it is at the time of data load with the combination of other chars. unless you want to go thru the pain of realigning the cube data every time there is a change in the combination thru a complex ABAP program- its doable but not recommended.

Instead you need to derive this value from masterdata to reflect the latest value. So you need to make this a attribute to one of the other chars. I wouldnt antipicate you will have the luxury to change the existing Io's already in use. So create Zcostcenter as reference to 0costcenter (And you need to load the zcostcenter from costcenter DS) and compound it to 0CO_AREA and 0COSTELMNT. And make ZNEW_CHAR as a navigational attribute. And derive the value of it on the report level with the combination of other 3 chars.