cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Lot Qty Vs Actual Lot Qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All;

I am posting multiple GR's against a Process Order for Eg 1st GR 100 Qty, 2nd GR 200, 3rd GR 300 and after doing this in the Inspection Lot the Inspection Lot Qty shows as 100 and the Actual lot Qty of 600 (sum of GR's) hence the Inspection lot Qty is always less then the actual lot Qty.... is this standard,I was thinking the Inspection Lot Qty gets updated with the Actual Lot Qty and they should match.

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

This is a standard functionality. If you are using the Inspection control as X system only changes the actual lot quantity and not the inspection quantity.

The reason might be that it is understood by choosing this option that you will be inspecting only the first GR quantity and not the entire lot.

Regards

Gajesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the process order quantity when Inspection lot was created? It should be 100.Usually the process order qty will be shown as the inspection lot qty and the GR qty will be shown as the actual lot qty. That's the reason the actual lot qty is equal to your GR qty. Most of the times, these two quantities are same.

As said in the earlier response, for incoming goods the GR qty will be shown as the inspection lot qty and during inspection if you find the received qty is higher or lesser than the GR qty, using QAC1 the actual lot qty is corrected. So, always the actual lot qty is the qty received.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram;

When the O4 Inspection lot is created the Process order Qty is not being displayed but the 1 GR qty is being displayed.

Eg : Process Order is for 500 and the 1st GR is done against this process order for 100 and the 2nd GR for 200,then the 04 Inspection Lot displays 100 in the Inspection lot Qty and the Actual lot Qty is displayed as 300 ( Sum of 1 & 2 GR ).

If you can confirm what you had said in your earlier post then i can look at it as a defect.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally Inspection Lot Qty is Qty that you have confirmed or GR made

Actual Lot Qty refers to the Qty for which GR supposed to be made.Also when you change /correct the lot Qty through QAC1 it refered as a actual lot qty.

Most of the time as per my experience they are same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sujit for the reply ,As I wanted to confirm that the Inspection lot Qty and the Actaul lot Qty should be equal after the confirmations / Gr is done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody..Somebody with the Answer