cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get my 3rd Party Sales Order to create the PO automatically...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to get the 3rd Party Sales Order process to work and I would like it to create the PO automatically (it is already creating the requisition without issue). I have:

i) Set the Auto PO on the Item Category

ii) Set the ALE paramenters asociated with the Sales Org definition

iii) Set the Auto PO on the Vendor Master

iv) Set the Auto PO flag on the Purchasing tab of my NLAG material

v) Created a Vendor Info record

BUT I still don't get a PO being created automatically .... can anyone see where the problem may be?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Patrick,

In config, Maintain Item Categories (standard 3rd party is TAS) there is a checkbox for "Create PO Automatic" in the transaction flow window.

SPRO>SD>Sales>Sales document Item>Define Item Categories..... select TAS or your custom Item Category and click the Create PO Automatic

If you activate this field, the system automatically generates both a

purchase order requisition for third-party schedule lines as well as a

purchase order in the background when you save the sales order. This

function has been designed for Application Link Enabling (ALE) but you

can also use it when working with distributed systems.

For this to work you will need to have the Source list maintained on the MM side so that the requisition that is created will have source assignment and the vendor will be known for Auto PO.

Good Luck,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis - I really appreciate the feedback but I started this thread with ....

I'm trying to get the 3rd Party Sales Order process to work and I would like it to create the PO automatically (it is already creating the requisition without issue). I have:

i) Set the Auto PO on the Item Category

ii) Set the ALE paramenters asociated with the Sales Org definition

iii) Set the Auto PO on the Vendor Master

iv) Set the Auto PO flag on the Purchasing tab of my NLAG material

v) Created a Vendor Info record

BUT I still don't get a PO being created automatically .... can anyone see where the problem may be?

I have since confirmed that I can trigger a PO creation by running ME59N BUT the PO is not created automatically when I save the sales order despite what the help text on the item category implies.

I think I have already done every you have suggested and even a little more, or maybe I'm missing something? Do I need to do something with ALE - turn something on perhaps? Have you actiually seen this functionality working? I'd love to hear from someone who has.

Regards.

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has slowly dawned on me that when SAP says the PO can created automaically, they mean that you can use transaction ME59N to do it, njot that the PO will just be created at the same time as the requisition on saving the sales order.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried with ME59 ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - yes, as I said in my last post - ME59N works fine but I want it to trigger automatically from SD (thisr party sales) as the help text suggests is possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please confirm whether you have assigned PO type(NB), Item cat. (5), and account assign cat (1) in sceduled line cat. at VOV6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wish,

I don't have Acc Assign cat of '1' to use .... I am using a category that I created myself 'Z' which is based on 'X' .... what settings in '1' are the significant ones for Auto PO creation?

PS. The other 2 values are as you specify.

Regards.

Patrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

This account assignment category is related to SD - MM config regarding the default account assignment category in PO.

The account assignment category decides the cost collector for the PO and also defines the type of process that is being run

try to maintain X All aux.acct.assgts. and see whether PO is getting created or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK - I've reset it so that the Account Assignment Category is now 'x' ('Z' was essentially a copy of 'X' anyway) but still no Auto PO?

I have rechecked the material and the vendor and they are both flagged 'Auto PO'.

The vendor info record has fixed the source of supply.

The sales Org definition has Purch Org, Purch Group, Plant & Storage Loc are all defaulted, and the Order Type is set to 'NB' in the ALE panel.

Am I missing something?

former_member274400
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Check this link and seacrh for third party. You will find complete config doc.

http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/600/BBlibrary_start.htm

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - thanks for the feedback but I actuially have the process working, I just can't get the PR automatically to convert into a PO and there doesn't appear to be any mention of that step in either of the two third party scenarios documented here.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

With the config settings which you have mentioned it is not possible to create PO automatically from PR

Auto creation of PO from PR is a MM area

It has been discussed many times earlier AUTO creation of PO is not possible by config both in SD and MM forums

You need to have some development

But this issue has been discussed several times and some work around solutions has been given already

You can search in MM forum for this

Marking automatic PO tick in item category and in MMR purchasing view nothing will create auto PO

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja - thanks for the feedback.

Can you point me to a particualr thread that you think covers this topic as I can't find one?

I can use transaction ME59N and automatically covert my Req to a PO in that way but as you say there doesn't seem to be an automatic trigger to this from SD despite what the help text seems to imply.

I'm assuming it must be something to with ALE settings and configuration but again I can't seem to find anything specuific that helps me here.

iIf anyone has got any experiance of this scenario out there I'd really appreciate any helpful pointers in the right direction.

Regards.

Patrick.