cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: UaServer

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, I am getting the following error while working on an upgrade from SOLMAN 3.1 -> 4.0. This occurs during the step where I try to start the upgrade assistant server:

ADDLIBLE SAPUP

UASERVER DIR_PUT('/usr/sap/put')

The error is:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: UaServer

at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:195)

at java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:49)

at java.lang.LinkageError.<init>(LinkageError.java:36)

at java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError.<init>(NoClassDefFoundError.java:40

)

Java program completed with exit code 1

And here is the additional message info:

Message ID . . . . . . : CPF9999 Severity . . . . . . . : 40

Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic

Date sent . . . . . . : 07/17/06 Time sent . . . . . . : 08:54:01

Message . . . . : Function check. JVA0122 unmonitored by UASERVER at

statement 28600, instruction X'0163'.

Cause . . . . . : An escape exception message was sent to a program which

did not monitor for that message. The full name of the program to which the

unmonitored message was sent is UASERVER . At the time the message was sent

the program was stopped at higher level language statement number(s) 28600.

If more than one statement number is shown, the program was a bound program.

Optimization does not allow a single statement number to be determined. If

*N is shown as a value, it means the actual value was not available.

Recovery . . . : See the low level messages previously listed to locate the

cause of the function check. Correct any errors, and then try the request

again.

Has anyone seen anything similar to this in the past? Thank you.

~TJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

TJ,

Are you sure, you entered the correct path to PREPARE beforehand and SAPup extracted the UA<rel>.SAR package to directory DIR_PUT/ua?

Check this directory (list its content) to be sure. Should look quit like

> ls /usr/sap/putEC6/ua

UaServer.properties UaTextE.properties

UaServerOS390.properties doc

UaServerOS400.properties images

UaServerWindows2000.properties logging.properties

UaServerWindowsNT.properties ua.jar

UaServerWindowsXP.properties uagui.jar

UaServerzOS.properties

HTH,

Thomas

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response. I think this is the problem, as the DIR_PUT/ua directory doesn't exist. I am sure, though, that I did enter the correct path to PREPARE.

The way this was all extracted was a bit shady as the installation disc doesn't work - it's looking at the wrong path and fails. I found a note 661569 and used these steps for the extraction:

The program that is unpacked from the CD and run with Command LODRUN contains errors. The R3up library cannot be created as described in the documentation. Execute the following commands as user QSECOFR:

- CPYFRMSTMF FROMSTMF('<cdroot>/UM1/0S400/AS400/UPGRADE/LODINST') TOMBR('/QSYS.LIB/QTEMP.LIB/LODINST.FILE')

- RSTOBJ OBJ(LODINST) SAVLIB(QTEMP) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(QTEMP/LODINST)

- CALL PGM(QTEMP/LODINST) PARM('<cdroot>/UM1)

When you call the program LODINST, make sure that the parameter is filled with enough spaces (>100).

I don't know if this is part of the problem with the missing ua directory. Did you have any problems when trying to extract from the installation CD? Thank you.

~TJ

0 Kudos

Hi TJ,

The note you referenced is based on 6.40. In 7.00 the general structure of DVDs changed, and SolMan has yet an additional hierarchy. So, the cpyfrmstmf command should have

fromstmf('<cdroot>/SAP_CRM_UM/UM[N/U]_OS400_PPC64/UPGRADE/LODINST')

and the program call for LODINST should have

PARM '<cdroot>/SAP_CRM_UM/

')

^^^^^^^

length 100 !!!

This is the step for loading the tool libraries SAPUP and SAPUPSRV. It has nothing to do with the upg/rade assistent, and I do not understand why you have problems with this step when you already were able to start SAPup?!

Your issue most probably results from specifying the wrong path to the upgrade master DVD when calling PREPARE. Give directory

<cdroot>/SAP_CRM_UM/UM[N/U]_OS400_PPC64 for non Unicode (N)or Unicode (U), respectively.

Hope I recalled the paths corretly; better check beforehand

SolMan 4.0 was a very special shipment, and we are late with updating the respective notes. I apologize for this.

Regards,

Thomas

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thomas - thank you for your reply. The paths I pasted below were incorrect and not the ones I used. I forgot to change them when I pasted the note. I just wanted to give the general idea of what I did to get to the java error.

Here is the note that I left in the message I opened with SAP - it is a more detailed description. Also, I ran through all of the steps again yesterday afternoon to make sure I didn't miss something or use an incorrect path. I appreciate all of your help.

~TJ

I believe the problem is the missing directory DIR_PUT/ua and it's associated files are missing. They don't seem to have ever been extracted.

Somone on the SDN helped me figure that out.

I'm not surprised they're missing as the installation CD doesn't work, and I wasn't given a really straight answer as to why or how to fix it in a previous message opened, but I though I'd found a work around.

Here's what initially happend:

LODRUN DEV(OPT01) DIR('UMN_OS400_PPC64/UPGRADE')

File not selected. File label or file name mismatch for file

/UMN_OS400_PPC64/UPGRADE/QTEMP.

Specified file for library QTEMP not found.

If I look in the file structure, it appears that UPGRADE/QTEMP is

located: /QOPT/D51031485_1/SAP_CRM_UM/UMN_OS400_PPC64/UPGRADE.

The Upgrade guide doesn't mention 'SAP_CRM_UM' at all.

The next logical step to me would be to try the command: LODRUN DEV(OPT01) DIR('SAP_CRM_UM/UMN_OS400_PPC64/UPGRADE')

This generates message:

LODRUN DEV(OPT01) DIR('SAP_CRM_UM/UMN_OS400_PPC64/UPGRADE')

1 objects restored from QTEMP to QTEMP.

Current directory changed.

More than one name matches pattern.

Object not found. Object is

/QOPT/D51031485_1/UMN_OS400_PPC64/UPGRADE/LODINST.

Stream file not copied.

At this point, as I hadn't received any help yet, I found note 661569 which seemed similar to my problem, so I did the following steps from the

note:

- CPYFRMSTMF FROMSTMF('/QOPT/D51031485_1/SAP_CRM_UM/UMN_OS400_PPC64/UPGRADE/LODINST') TOMBR('/QSYS.LIB/QTEMP.LIB/LODINST.FILE')

- RSTOBJ OBJ(LODINST) SAVLIB(QTEMP) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(QTEMP/LODINST)

- CALL PGM(QTEMP/LODINST) PARM('/QOPT/D51031485_1/SAP_CRM_UM/')

When you call the program LODINST, make sure that the parameter is filled with enough spaces (>100).

I thought this extracted everything, and went on to start PREPARE for the first time.

addlible sapup

go sapup

prepare

I ran the prepare - it notified me of a missing PTF, which we installed, and then reran prepare cleanly.

0 Kudos

Hi TJ,

Maybe I did not emphasize enough: You need to specify the correct subpath of the upgrade master DVD when calling PREPARE:

PREPARE SID(<SID>) <b>CDPATH(<cdroot>/SAP_CRM_UM/UMN_OS400_PPC64)</b> PUTDIR(<DIR_PUT>) SAPUPLIB(SAPUP) SAPUPSRV(SAPUPSRV)

There are/were situations where SAPup is called with a different environment. This is why it runs cleanly for the first steps.

To be sure, clean <DIR_PUT> before calling PREPARE as described.

Regards,

Thomas

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you much, that did the trick. I appreciate all of your help.

~TJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

I had a similar problem. In my case, the ua directory was not getting created automatically.

I had a workaround....just manually unpack the contents of the UA<rel>.SAR file and paste in the put directory.

Restarting PREPARE will again give the same error. But this time, ignore the error and continue.

I got the idea from conversations in this thread.

Thanks guys,

Prasad

Message was edited by:

Prasad Kamath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there...I am having a problem starting PREPARE for an upgrade to ECC6...I am hoping somone here can help.

I run the prepare.bat as described in the manual and it uppacks the following files into the C:\usr\sap\put\bin directory:

prepare.bat

prepare.js

R3up.ECO

SAPCAR.EXE

SAPup.exe

SAPupNT.PDB

I then cd to the DIR_PUT\bin and run sapup.exe

I get the following in the scrolldialog.log

Target SAP system is ERP

Enter the SAP instance number [01]:

INSTANCE NUMBER = 01

WARNING: unable to open SAP start profile

"C:\usr\sap\ERP\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS01_ERPSRV32"

and the following in te NTSTAT.log

Reading value ImagePath from registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\SAPERP_01 Value: "C:\usr\sap\ERP\SYS\exe\run\sapstartsrv.exe" pf="C:\usr\sap\ERP\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS01_ERPSRV32"

-

End entries during phase EXIT -

-

Begin entries during phase EXIT, 20070911080018 -

WARNING: unable to open SAP start profile "C:\usr\sap\ERP\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS01_ERPSRV32"

-

End entries during phase EXIT -

-

Begin entries during phase EXIT, 20070911080056 -

BASICALLY I cant strat sapup or prepare ....any assistance will be greatly appreciated......

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a similar problem with one of my trial upgrade (on Windows). I am not sure why this happened, but I had to use "sapstartsrv -t" to unregister the service and then recreate it with "sapstartsrv -t".

Make sure you are totally sure you are using the correct kernel versions and also delete "C:\%windir%\system32\sapstartsrv.exe prior to re-registering and re-creating the service with "sapstartsrv -t".

From that point on, prepare was happy with its access to the start profile. It's the sapstartsrv executable that's stopping your prepare from accessing the start profile

Hope this helps

Regards

Jim Cooke

Answers (0)