cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check Changed on the Material Master Update Existing Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to know if there is a way to update existing orders once changes have been made to the material. Currently the only way that I know of is to go into individual orders change the plant save then change it back to the original plant on the order then the changes take effect. How can I achieve this without touching every order individually. Is there something to mass update existing orders to take a new snapshot of the material master settings for a material.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with t.code VA05 - Open sales order list.

Execute this list. In the output, sort the data by plant. Then go to menu Edit -> mass change -> new plant. Change the plant for group of sales orders that have similar plants. Then again do the same thing to bring the previous plant in the sales orders.

This can help reduce the time instead of going one by one.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried that but the plants do not have the same storage locations. When I try to change the plant the storage location error pops up. Any other ideas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems you need to contact your ABAPer for 'Z' program to update the documents or create any update sql query.

This is only hypothetical solution

Gajanan R

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would seem that SAP has a standard solution for this but I will explore ABAP as the last option.

Edited by: Tunzyaan Jennings on Oct 5, 2010 6:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tunzyaan,

Can you please let me know how did you solve this problem? This is important to me.

I cannot see any function module or standard program updating an item's availability check group of an existing sales order. I am assuming the only possible way as of now is to delete and recreate the item in the sales order. Please let me know as early as possible. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kamal I haven't found a mass solution yet. The only way that I know of currently is to change to plant on the sales order line to something different then save the order, the change it back to the previous plant in order for the changes to take affect. Or you could enter a new order line as you mentioned.