Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI/RFC for SAPu2019s transaction IH01 results

former_member202228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need to generate SAP PM notifications from MII. Some of the compulsory fields in the notification are Plant, Area, Equipment and Part Number. Since the equipment is moving around on a constantly, I would like to tap into SAP's transaction IH01, grab the tree-like structure generated there and store it into the MII application database on a nightly basis.

Does anyone know if we have a BAPI/RFC I can run in sync or async mode, to give me this tree-like structure when accessed with JCO/JRA from MII? If there are no accessible BAPIs/RFCs what will be the best approach to be followed to capture this data?

Many Thanks,

paul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not getting your point clearly but if you want to create maintenance notification than I have used following BAPI to create maintenance notification in SAP PM for type M1 and M3.

BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE

Regards,

Manoj Bilthare

former_member202228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I'm using ALM_PM_NOTIFICATION_CREATE, but it needs data for a set of parameters in NOTIFHEADER.

To be able to fill in the fields, namely EQUIPMENT, FUNC_LOC, DIVISION, ASSEMBLY, MATERIAL etc with accurate data, I need to have on MII side the IH01 SAP transaction output.

I am asking if there is something out there to query from MII, having the same response as IH01 using the SAP-GUI.

Can't find the BAPI you specified on the R/3 system I'm querying.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Have you looked into using RFC_READ_TABLE to extract the information?

Regards,

Mike

former_member202228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

RFC_READ TABLE triggers another set of questions, like "which table to read?" .. and so on. I was able to map all PM tables and it took a while.

Now I was looking into IH01 and it's report, namely RIIFLO10 showing the Functional Location Structure.

If I can run the report creation with a set of given parameters (plant etc) at given intervals, I was thinking to collect the output somehow or have it sent to MII using IDOCs ..

Does it make sense, or I'm on the wrong path?

Paul.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I am not sure whether a standard IDoc exists for that purpose. If not then I would guess either a custom IDoc or BAPI would work. Depends on what your needs are (auto download or MII access as needed).

Good luck,

Mike

former_member202228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Looks like a custom BAPI will solve my problems ..

Thanks Michael,

paul.

Answers (0)