cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

My client Suppose to use Budget Functionality from 2011 onwards. For Earlier projects They are using only Planned cost. Now For the projects they are supposed to create from 2011 budget functionality will be applicable.

Now my question is how we could handle projects that are already over the 100% . If a project is over and you try to copy the plan into the budget table, will it reject? If so how can we handle these exceptions when we go live?

Regards,

JohnPeter.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the availabliilty control info for the budget profile which is active for the projects now? Has AVAC been de-activated?

If this is your case and you want to continue the same project/ projects to next year then you need to change the budget profile setting and similarly have to give the budget same as the exenditure (assigned value).

Or if you want to close the earlier projects and wants to start afresh with new projects then you can have different budget profile with AVAC active overall/ yearwise.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen,

I think you misunderstood his question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I too thought of the same. Thanks for your confirmation MR. Ahmed. so we cant implement the budget functionality to the projects which are already over 100% .

The business is expecting at least Soft Warning messages whenever they will create commitments for these projects. Suggest me any Programs available which satisfies my requirement. Otherwise guide me how to do this.

Regards,

Johnpeter.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John,

if the 75% of work has been completed on a project, you cannot give budget for those work. What I said is for remaining 25% of work, allocate the budget and monitor the cost of that balance work through budget. Or else provide the budget value as Actual cost + Budget for remaining work. Eg., 75% = $1000(actual cost), for 25% you need $300, then allocate budget as $1300 to that project.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how we could handle projects that are already over the 100%

You cannot do anything for those projects which already exceeds the budget value. Provide budget for remaining work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

JohnPeter,

When the 100% budget is gets completed for the respective project, you can do the supplements for the budget.

and also it depends on the toleranace limits which you will mentain.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can i Elaborate my requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Can i Elaborate my requirement?

yes you should.