cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from 6.2 ITS to 6.4 ITS Integrated should convert Zservices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I listed all my services in my old 6.2 ITS sever using transaction SIAC1 in EBP server.

The list contained all SAP standard services and some Zsevices. Following are my questions.

1. Should i need to convert only Zservices by running the SIAC_CONVERT_FORM_4X ( Where to run this transction) OR also convert all SAP services also,

2. Should i need to do the following steps for EACH Zservices also in ITS 6.4 as defined by SAP

a.Create the ICF service name ? (In ITS 6.4)

b.Create ICF/ITS handlers ?

ICF/ITS handler is a class (CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS)

c.Activate the ICF Services ?

d. Maintain ITS service parameter ?

e.Change the HTML Templates (What changes are required e.g ??)

f. Publish the ITS services files

you have to publish the Integrated ITS services files to site INTERNAL.

3. Since this Integegrated ITS does not support Flow Logic and WebRFC application, what will be impact for our Zservices.

Thanks,

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I dont think you need to convert the std SAP servcies in ITS 6.4.They will be carried over in all versions(at the max the name might change).But for Z ones they may have to be looked after.

2. In ITS 6.4,you dont need to create any services..you just need to activate them so that you cna view the ITS screens in the browser!

Also, all the activities from c. to f. have to be done for all the services collectively at teh start once.(Except for "Change the HTML Templates "--This is to specifically add the client specific logic in the std templates like removing some buttons/icons from screen or chnaging the color /font etc.)

FOr detailed differences between the versions of ITS,i hav a doc which i can fwd it to you.Pls let me know the mail ID.

ALso to learn more abt ITS development methods like Flow Logic and WebRFC,you can visit help.sap.com

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disha,

Can you please forward me the document with differences between the versions of ITS? please mail it to srini116@hotmail.com.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you also send me that document? I'm trying to insert a custom header into our ITS applications (not a portal header). Email to andrew_garver@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

just to precise some point :

e.Change the HTML Templates (What changes are required e.g ??)

this is required only if you were using URL generation in your templates.

in fact, integrated ITS does not use the same URL generation as the standalone ITS

from SAP :

The syntax of an ICF-based URL differs from the present form. This means that for all locations
in the HTML template, in which the URL generation is used, you must adapt it to the new syntax.

Procedure
1.	Adapting the URL Generation in the HTML Templates parameters
1.1.	~session, ~client, ~login, ~language, ~password need to be replaced by session
name or parameters sap-client, sap-user, sap-language, sap-password respectively
1.2.	Remove system-related coding (~messageserver, ~appserver)
2.	ICF Session ID Handling
The ICF session is included in the ICF URL. URLs, in which no session ID is specified,
always start a new session.

Function wgateURL() generates a URL with ICF session ID, while the ~urlwgate parameter contains a URL without ICF session ID.

here the full help url :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/cd/8a424089ff2571e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gopala,

1) the conversation for sap-services should be run during upgrade. but you can do it for sap objects again. in worst case, you'll receive an error message like: "... already in new format"

I'd convert all of your own services.

2) yes

3) depends on your services: if they use FlowLogic or WebRFC: they won't run and you'll have to rewrite them. otherwise, they'll run.

kr, achim