cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Rename Project to its original name without deleting the version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of the users have accidently renamed the project definition, several versions exist for the project already. SAP will not allow to simply re-name the project. I dont want to delete the old versions because i dont want to loose all the data associated with the previous versions?

Any solution??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this Note 616732 - Renaming WBS elements in projects with versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did take a look at that note, but that note addresses status-dependent versions only. Versions we are using are not status dependent (but the concept does sound the same in the note) and once we rename the project definition will all the versions be reconnected back to it accurately?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just give it a try, it may work for Time-dependent version also.

I think the note say,the WBSE number in project version will get changed to old number and once you change the WBSE number in operative project then again it will change the WBSE number in project version.

Eg. Your WBSE number is A0001 and also in version. Now you change it A0002 in operative project. But now if you change back from A0002 to A0001 system wont allow, because of existence of project version. Now, If you follow the solution suggested in Note, You will be able to change A0001 to A0002 in Project version. So you will be free to change the WBSE number of Operative project. Once you change the operative project from A0002 to A0001, the project version will also change from A0002 to A0001.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for that explanation. But the note specifically talks about WBS Element in a Project but will the same apply for a Project Definition?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even I have this doubt, But I believe it will work for Project Definition also, what I would suggest is , discuss this with your ABAPer and see whether this solution can be extended to Project Definition also. You will know better once you start applying the solution.

Answers (0)