cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close automatically sales order with open items ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a request from a client:

he would like to be able to close the open items of a sales order which are not billed automatically according to a specific calendar. Moreover he would like to specify that ,generally speaking, the customer does not want to be delivered another time if there are leftovers in the sales order.

I read in other posting that manually you can close open items in a sales order by adding a reason of rejection for the line item. Nevertheless, I do have one question about that. Imagine we only have one line of 100 pieces and we only deviver 90 pieces. When we put a reason of rejection in the sales order item of 100 quantity, what exactly will happen? How the system will know it only has to reject the 10 non delivered pieces and not the 100 pieces mentionned in the line item ? I also read that the price would change to zero but how can this be correct if we have 90 pieces to bill ?

Thanks a lot for all your answers.

Stéphanie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
How the system will know it only has to reject the 10 non delivered 
    pieces and not the 100 pieces mentionned in the line item ?

Before assigning reason for rejection, if that line item has already been partially delivered, system will consider to reject only the balance quantity; which means in your case, it would be only 10 nos. and accordingly, it will get vanished from MD04. On the other hand, if no delivery is made for that line item, then system will reject the whole lot of 100 nos., and accordingly, this will be removed (100 nos.) from MD04.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

"generally speaking, the customer does not want to be delivered another time if there are leftovers in the sales order. "

Would you pl be a bit more specific about the above line?

Is it that the customer requires only one delivery per order even if partial? In that case maintain appropriate setting in customer master Sales area data > shipping tab. This'll insure that no further deliveries are created. You'll still need to write a program to reject open line items.

Regards,

Naminator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you for your answers.

About the closing of several open items from several orders at the end of each month, is there any way to do that in standard ?

Thanks

Stéphanie

former_member274400
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check mass update. Transaction code is MASS. Just a guess

Regards,

Mukul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephanie,

I am not aware about any standard program that reject massively the open items in an order.

What I can propose you is to analyse the fesibility to use one of these standard function modules:

SD_ORDER_CREDIT_CANCEL

SD_WF_ORDER_REJECT

These function modules allow to reject an order.

It may be interesting for your scenario to develop a program that call a list of orders with open items and then include your program the call of one of these function modules.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

On T-code MASS, object BUS2032 you update sales orders in a massiva way.

After that, choose option Sales Order Item Data an execute, there you can massive set the reason for rejection for those selected documents.

You may find that at item level some of the dates you need are not available, so choose Sales order header data and Sales order Item data at the same time and execute.

Then the filter of creation date can be set in order to select only those that belogs to specifyed dates and, after that you can set the reason for rejection.

Regards,

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephanie,

the reason for rejection change the status of the item itself to completed and it move the item from "active to be processed" to a simply statistical status.

In the scenario you mentioned, as the reason for rejection is applied to the full item, you will set the full item as statistical, but your 90 pieces will continue being delivered and even eventually invoiced.

Some discrepancies you may find only running some statistical reports, where also the net values information would not be in line as per your expectation.

In order to prevent this discrepancy issue, I would advice you to contact a good abaper and develop a program that may massively rejects open items with not confirmed quantities, creating a new item for the open quantity if the sales line is partially confirmed.

It means that, in your scenario:

Order A > Item 1 for 100 pieces

> only 90 pieces delivered & invoiced

> 10 pieces open

the result would be the following:

Order A > Item 1 for 90 pieces

> 90 pieces delivered & invoiced

> Item 2 for 10 pieces rejected

In this way you keep under control any report you may generate out of your sales and you can set as statistical items only quantities not processed further.

I hope this explanation may help you.

For any additional information on the reason for rejection I would remind you to SAP documentation and if you have the possibility to try to customize ans set your system with reason for rejection in order to discover directly with your eyes how these work.

Regards,