Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the need for on OnClick event on Inputfields

b_deterd2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know if more events are going to be available in the very near future like the OnClick event next to the already present OnEnter event.

Why don't we have this event available? Would open up some new UI possibilities.

Does anyone else also think this should be available?

Regards,

bert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

there is a sticky in the forum where you can suggest UI enhancements - I know that the ASUG UI influence council looked at this thread and the corresponding WDJ one when they put together their submission to SAP for WD improvement.

I can't disagree with you that it would be useful - although unless the WDA solution is made very much more AJAX it would result in a much poorer user experience - with event processing happening on every user selection of an input field - the difference between client side and server side handling of the request. Certainly if it were implemented, I'd hope that it would be done in such a way that the generated javascript did not include onClick/Select handling unless it were specified in the UI element.

Cheers,

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have also a suggestion of making a method(somewhat like modify view) which automatically gets trigger when the cursor moves from one field to another(By using Tab or manually click to any active input field/Text Edit) .

By using this functionality we can easily detemine the last active(cursor) field change.

But its a core product demand from SAP.

Lets wait if SAP would provide this functionality in some next versions.

Nawal Kishor Mittal