Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Successfuly processed messages

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Problem Area = Not able to Archive Successfuly processed messages for Inbound messages.

I have to archive successfully processed messages both Outbound messages and Inbound messages.

I am going into SXMB_ADM --> Define Interfaces for Archiving and Retention Periods

Under this I have added my Sender Interface and Receiver Interface details and defined retention period too (details added for both outbound messages and Inbound Messages).

Now the problem I am facing is -

• The messages which are coming from R3 to XI means Outbound messages w.r.t R3 are successfully getting archived and I cannot see messages older then 3 days.

• But the messages which are going from XI to R3 means Inbound messages w.r.t R3 are not successfully getting archived and I can see data for last year also.

Can any body please suggest me what could be the reason behid this.

Regards

Dheeraj kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

What kind of messages I can Archive?????

I tried to archive XML messages for scenario File to File also but that is also not getting archived and I can see messages into SXMB_MONI.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

former_member209575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi dheeraj,

Execute below report and check how many messages are eligible forarchival.

RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS

Regards

Pradeep P N

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Number of messages already flagged for archiving

- Messages to be archived: 0

Number of archived messages that can now be deleted

- Messages to be deleted: 0

According to report 0 messages are to be archived but Today I have configured one scenario under Define Interfaces for Archiving and Retention Period. After defining there I scheduled the archive job. Now when I am checking messages for ths scenario I can see all messages still lying there in moni.

For scenarios IDOC to file archiving is working and for scenarios FILE to IDOC its not working. Something is wrong but where not able to identify.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

I have followed below link to configure the archieving and deletion of processed message from PI database: and it was working fine!!

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c46a236...

Also refer:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/f5/d347ddec72274ca2abb0d7682c800b/content.htm

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Sushama

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma

How r u?

Well me too following the same PDF and I checked all the settings are done as mentioned in the PDF.

If settings are not correct then why its wotking for my outbound scenarios right na.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

former_member241146
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj.

Below it's a link about Archiving messages. Follow this steps and look if your problem is solved.

/people/deepak.shah/blog/2010/04/22/archiving-deletion-of-messages-in-pi--part-1

Regards.

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if your inbound side in R/3 is IDOC adapter or not.

I remeber there is a note mentioning that message can not be achived if inbound is IDOC.

Sorry I can not find the note for you...

Regards

Liang

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Liang

Its correct, my Inbound adapter is IDOC.

The scenario is file to IDOC.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

former_member209575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check what is the status of message by executing report RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS.

If the message is in non final adapter status ( Adapter Status:001).

Please schedule periodically the report SXMS_REFRESH_ADAPTER_STATUS in order to update the adapter status of the messages

Normally for idoc scenario's the above report is required to make it to final status

Regards

Pradeep P N