cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE71 -F4 Values for user defined fields in inspection points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used QAPP_CUST_IP_F4 function module to list F4 values in Inspection points and QAPP_CUST_IP_CHECK for validation of those user fields.

When configured for an inspection point, these modules are working fine when we use in QA32 and QE51n. But when we use QE71, the FM's does not getting called.

Is there any configuration needed to make them work in QE71?

Regards,

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i just went through this with SAP. The QE71 transation does not support ANY of the IP function modules. We were told by SAP that this is a "lite" transaction so not all the same functionality is available and the transaction works as programmed.

Personally i think it is a cop out. They have a transaction specificaly designed to work with inspection points but yet they fail to program it to work with the IP FM that they themseleves set up in configuration to specifically use with IP. This I'm sure was an over sight by the original programmer and rather than add the functionality they basically ignore the issue. Maybe your client is large enough to get them to do something about. I encourage you to ask SAP to fix it. Maybe if we can get enough folks to complain they might get it moved up in priority. If it is even on the list to start with.

Anyway, no.. you aren't missing any config. It just don't work.

FF