cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New category for SNP planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to bring 'maintenance orders' as a new requirement category for SNP planning. These orders are to be considered as demand element (using a new LC order keyfigure). Customized Order type in order category 30 are available for these maintenance orders, which is required to be mapped in to a new requirement ATP category in APO. Please guide me with right procedure.

Thanks and regards,

Raghav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

You need to maintain or create the category and category group

under APO customisation with maintenance orders as per your

requirement.

Once they are created, assign it to the planning area under the

key figures

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thank you for your response. I agree that we need to create category and category group in APO and map in to required SNP keyfigure. The question is, how do we map the R/3 order type to these categories.? The SAP standard mapping is as receipt element in PPDS. I need these orders to be mapped to 'requirement category'.

Regards,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raghav,

if you are using the SNP, can you add the new figure (with the Maintenance order category) to the demand side in the stock balance macro?

Rgds, Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your response. Yes, you are right. We can add the maintenance order key-figure in to demand element group and change the stock-balancemacro accordingly. The problem is, the standard maintenance order category CP and CO available in ATP category list is of 'receipt category' element. Can we assign a receipt category to a requirement key-figure?

Regards,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav

The R/3 Order Type can only be determined through the assignment of the Key Figure Function to the actual order key figure in the Planning Area itself, there is no area of configuration to enable you to set this otherwise (e.g. you cannot assign the R/s order type to a category directly).

I am not sure if the system will allow you to assign this Key Figure Function as a "requirement" rather than a "receipt"

regards

Ian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav

What is the basic need to bring main order as requirement? are you using MSP component of APO or need to block downtime in PPDS board...may be we can think of some new idea if system does not allow to map as reqiorement

lets us know..may be can think in a different way

Rgds,SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SB,

Thank you for your response. I have managed to resolve this by creating an new maintenance order category type and integrate as 'Order Reservation Withdrawable" in to APO. This category has been included into "dependant demand" keyfigure and this served the purpose. Otherwise, I was thinking of taking R/3>BW>DP-->SNP route.

Thanks everybody for putting your thoughts..

Regards,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

Good to know that you achieved what you wanted to.

But for our benefit, can you share in more detail, how did you manage to do it?

you stated that you created a new order category ''Order Reservation Withdrawable'', which lets say is ZZ. and you must have added this category to the category group which is assigned to your dependent demand key figure.

But can you share how did you ensure that the order reservations for maintenance orders that you created in R/3 managed to flow to this order category and not to some other category?

Appreciate if you could explain in a bit more detail.

Rgds, Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I created customized manitenence order type with order category '30' in R/3. When integrated, it got mapped in to "AV = Order reservation withdrawable" category in APO. This AV category is a requirement category element. I have created a customized category group and added along with other required categories in dependant demand. Then I assigned this customized category group to the "dependant demand" key-figure..... that's it.

Regards,

Raghav

Edited by: Raghav_Udupa on Oct 21, 2010 10:23 AM