cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message trace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BASIS gurus,

Need your expertise on user logs or traces. here is the story one of the SAP users gave me a message now I want to trace who is responsible for that action. TCODES I used are STAD and SM21 which gave me no result. Upon my further investigation on DEV_W0 file I found out that he/she might used the function TH_POPUP. Please help I need your opinion on how to trace this.

DEV_W0

GENER* request remote generation: TH_POPUP======================FT.

Note: I already activate the user log(SM19) for future logs(SM20).

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally individual messages to users will be sent through FM TH_POPUP from Tcode SE37. If you want to trace which user has sent the message, then check in STAD tcode at that time when you have received the message who all executed SE37 with program name RSFUNCTIONBUILDER or SAPLSFUNCTION_BUILDER. Also, try to get the info from ST03N Transaction or user profile.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

This is very helpful but unfortunately there is no data yesterday up to this date from ST03N. Also I tried STAD right after the message but it was empty. I don't know why? Any other suggestions?

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For getting updated data in St03n , you need to set time zone Note 926290 - SWNCCOLL: SAP workload NW collector collects no data will help.

So for now if Security logs are not configured there is no way , other than STAD and ST03N.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

Yes you are right about the incorrect time zone. as per note this is the reason why STAD and ST03N has no values. I will schedule the changing of time zone.

Thanks and best regards,

Joel

Answers (0)