Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

We have two different class assigned to two differnt document type,

But when we create DIR with one docment type and dont enter required characteristics,

- It allows to save with information message " Status changed: missing values for required chars "

Where for other document type with different class,

-Not allowing us to save with information message "The assigned values are incomplete"

What setting will allow us to raise information message "The assigned values are incomplete" and not allowing to save.

Thanks,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

could you please check the message numbers for both error messages. I think the first should be CL500 but I do not know the second error message. Maybe this is an individual check for missing required characteristics.

Please see the following link which explains why in DMS a document info record could be created even if the required characteristics are not filled.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Mandatoryclassificationcharacteristics

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

As usual, Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, it is CL500 message.

But, I would like to have constriant like second information message, which is not allowing to save DIR if mandatory characteristics are not entered before saving document.

Thanks,

Sam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

In DC10 whatever class is assigned to a specific document type , will work for that document type in additional data. Also the characteristics assigned to the class, will work for that class only. So in classification whatever mandatory fields are there, you need to fill it as classification works separately irrespective of other data except document status. whenver you will change any additional data you need to change the status of DIR.

Since it;s independant it will not allow to save the record if mandatory fields are not filled.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

as mentioned in the SDN WIKI link I think that best way to realise such a check would be to use BADI_DOCUMENT_MAIN01 with method 'BEFORE_SAVE'. Here all characteristic values should be able to check and if one or more are missing you can raise a message.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph.

But it is also allowing to save while being on addl data or class data screen. Let me raise message for you to check.

Thanks,

Sam.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I checked the behavior also in one of our internal systems and I can confirm that this behavior means to be the current standard. For further information please see also the SAP notes 1145858 and 1079992.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I guess by BADI_DOCUMENT_MAIN01 you mean BADI : DOCUMENT_MAIN01 and method BEFORE_SAVE.

I found that there is no importing/changing parameters available through which the entered characteristics can be checked.

Instead, I'm using field symbols to access an internal table used in another program to check the maintained characteristics.

Is it okay to do so ?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Samir,

Please check the characteristics assigned to the class linked to Document type.

When you create characteristics, if indicator "Entry Required" is checked it may be due to this.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

(1) Characteristics are mandatory in both cases (Checked "Entry Required" ).

(2) Document Type configuration also is copied

But issues is,

When if we dont enter required Characteristics while creating DIR, it shows different effor message.

Thanks,

Sam