cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

purchase order number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

In sales document details the check po no status is A.This does not allow to create a sales order with duplicate po number.

But the problem is if the sold to party is same and po number is same the system is resricting to create a new sales order,

if po number is same and sold to party is different the system is allowing to create a new sales order.

i.e EX:SP is 6 PO no is 1234. A sales order was created i tried to create another sales order with same ponumber and same SP

the system is triggering an error.But i tried to create a sales order with SP 8 and po number 1234 the system is allowing me to

create a new sales order.The check po no status is A in sales document.

I want to know why this is happening?

Thanks & Regards,

Aditya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
This does not allow to create a sales order with duplicate po number

If you want, you can change it to Warning also, so that system will just give a warning message if already the same PO exists either for the same customer or a different customer.

For that, go to OVAH, select message V4-115, drag your mouse to right side of this message and change it to "W". In fact, in standard, this will be "W" only.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipati,

Thanks for the reply.I already changed the status to E from W for V4-115 in OVAH.

I just need clariffication regrding Duplication of PO no should not happen even the Sold to party is same or Sold to parties are

different if a Sales order is created with the PO number.Please clarify me regarding this.

Thanks & Regards,

Aditya.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I have also tested and found system is allowing to maintain the same PO for different customer code. Hence, I feel you need to apply a suitable exit for this.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Restricting duplication of PO, from different SP doesnt seems logical.

Business dont have any restriction on Customer's purchase numbers. Multiple customers may release same purchase number.

What could be the reason, why dont want to have same PO number from different SP?? This PO number can be trasnferred to accounting, Customer payments can be wrt: PO no. Still you can differentiate with Payer no.

Still business wants to restrict the same, then through enhancement your requirement can be address as suggested by our friends above.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya

Simple rule, Same PO number cannot come from same customer but different customers can have similar PO numbers. The PO number in this case is the customer purchase order number. It is the reference that customer gives in his purchase order output etc. So the system does not check if the PO number exists for all customer. It checks if the PO number exists for that customer's order or not. If you want this check to happen please code in the user exit.

Thanks

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nil,

Thanks for the reply.In sales document details Staus A - Check wether purchase order number already exists.

According to this what i under stood is duplication of PO no should not happen.But as per your reply different customers may

have same po no.

The Staus A is objecting duplication of PO.Even though the customers are different

PO number is getting duplicated in the above case.I think this should not happen.Will you please Clear this?

Thanks & Regrds,

Aditya