cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway together with Capacity check

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to search for empty space in bins. As an example we want to putaway a small SUT and the system should search for bins that are not fully occupied.

If possible we want to combine Putaway strategy L with Capacity check method 5, but instead of searching for empty bins search for empty space in bins enough to place a SUT. If all bins are fully occupied go for the next empty bin.

Below some of the settings on the Storage type.

Putaway strategy L

Mixed storage X

Addn to stock X

SU mgmt active ticked

Capacity check method 5

Act.capc. ticked

SUT check active ticked

Storage sec.check acti ticked

Storage Unit Type

The Capacity usage of storage unit type is maintained

Bin

Total capacity is maintained on the bin level.

Result

Using the settings above the search strategy continue to finds new empty bins and put one SU in each bin.

How do we change the setting to make it possible to use our warehouse more efficient?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Please can you confirm that the available capacity is being consumed by the SUT and not product or product/SUT conbined. If that is the case I would try Putaway strategy P and make sure that the configeration is compleded in OMM3.

Thanks James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Please can you confirm that the available capacity is being consumed by the SUT and not product or product/SUT conbined. If that is the case I would try Putaway strategy P and make sure that the configeration is compleded in OMM3.

Thanks James

Edited by: James Rickard on Oct 5, 2010 5:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer

But i used another Putaway strategy C and it solved my problem

Bs Roland