cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recursive Tree Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to create my first recursive tree table. Could you give me a simple tutorial with first steps for create a simple recursive tree table?

Tks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Madhu2004
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below components:

WDR_TEST_TREE

WDT_TREE

WDT_TREE_TABLE_BY_KEY

WDT_TREE_TABLE_BY_NST

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tks a lot, the exampleWDT_TREE_TABLE_BY_KEY is ok for me. I have another question: how is possible to create a dynamic recursive table?

For ex. if I have a table as WDT_TREE_TABLE_BY_KEY, is it possible - after selected an element - create an event that inserts a new element at the following index of the selected element? Are there methods for this operation?

Edited by: webdynpro.gc on Oct 5, 2010 5:04 PM

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes dynamic creation of the content of a tree is possible - I'd even recommend it - only creating the context nodes in the tree when the user demands the node be expanded.

If you want to add children to an existing selected node - this is simple - the subordinate recursive node will already exist use the GET_CHILD_NODE method of the selected element to get a reference to the node and then just create a new element in the node as per usual.

If you want to create another element at the same level - instead use the GET_NODE method of the selected element and then create a new element in that node.

On a different point - it is good forum etiquette to create a new thread when you ask a new question - indeed in the

[forum rules of engagement|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement] does mention:

- Only One Question Per Posting

For each question that you have, make a separate posting. Don't ask multiple questions in one posting, this is confusing for people and might not get answered, since the subject line does not reflect all your problems. If a new and unrelated question comes up during a thread, start a new thread.

Cheers.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I dont have the How to guide but you can have a look at

WDR_TEST_EVENTS webdynpro component. You can have the recursive tree example there.

regards

Senthivel