Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

would like to know why my question was rejected

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I've just had an email to tell me my question on the 'CRM Webclient UI - Framework' forum has been rejected. This is the first time I've had an entry rejected and I have not got the faintest idea what the reason could be. This was my post:

Subject: modify the appearance of the view title bar

Can anyone tell me how to change the appearance of the title bar on a view ? In our standard Inbox Search, the result list has a blue banner incorporating the title. i'd like to replicate something like that on my own view and would like to change the title of the view dynamically at runtime. I haven't been able to find out how this is done in our Inbox Search. Can anyone help please ? thanks, Malcolm.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me ? This is a question I would like some help on as I am struggling with it. I am wondering if it was rejected by mistake but do not want to post again in case I have my account locked.

thanks,

Malcolm.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Malcom,

I rejected your post, because if you would have put more effort into searching for answer you would have found your answer in about 10 minutes or less.

Just to be a nice person and prove my point, this thread was your answer:

How I did it was a search in the forum for the word "title bar", then modified the search to all of time. I looked at the results and item #3 contained the result.

Take care,

Stephen

CRM Forum Moderator

Removed offending language from post

Edited by: Stephen Johannes on Oct 7, 2010 5:50 PM

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

I have to say, I don't appreciate you calling me lazy. That is the last thing I am. I trawled SDN for a long time attempting to find an answer to this. Sometimes we are just lucky on here and maybe that's what you were in finding the answer quickly - if indeed that is what it is - I will take a look at it now to see if it helps. Thanks for posting it.

You are a representative of SAP when you are on this board as a forum moderator, regardless of whether you work for them or not. It is not acceptable for you call anyone lazy. Please don't abuse your position.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course moderators cannot and don't want to judge whether you are really a lazy person. We are deciding based on what we see in the message and know from experience whether somebody seems to have put an effort into finding an answer or not. On average we are > 98% right with these judgements in my opinion.

So the term "lazy" is just about a particular question at a time, and it is our job to make these calls and not abuse of a position.

I understand very well that OP is not always happy about these decisions, and there is a < 2% chance for a misjudgement, but such is life.

Thomas

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Malcolm,

I am probably lazier than you, but in this case lazy referred to your actions and not you personally. Your post did not show any indication that you had done any research before asking the question. So in order to prevent future misunderstanding I'm going to explain to you how I came to this decision

1) I read all the threads in that forum on a daily basis via mail subscription. I will then keep in my incoming scn folder, the threads I think need moderation or I want to answer on that day

2) I then go back and read each thread and evaluate what to do. Sometimes it just needs moved, and in other cases the post was out of the general context and nothing needs to be done

3) For each thread I think has an issue, I decide what to do. I generally go with my gut feel. In your case the thread was a question asked several times before. I only know this because I have been participating the Webclient UI forum since the days of CRM 2007 forum and been participating in the CRM forums since 2005.

4) I used to just "delete" the message, now I use the abuse console and abuse reports to send out the notification. When I first started I would send every OP a personal message explaining what they did wrong. I have streamlined this, because I rather have some spare time to answer questions than always play the role of enforcer.

5) When you came back with why it was rejected, I spent my time looking at whether I made the right call. I went ahead and searched for the topic at hand and found it only 15 minutes. I figured that you could have found in 30 minutes.

The search was simple and not complicated. Go into the CRM webclient UI forum. Enter the word "title bar" into the search box and then take the search screen you see and adjust the search timeframe to "ALL" and then look at the results. I then looked at the first two results, and didn't see an answer and then found an aswer talking about your topic in the third result from 2008. I don't know why this entry was not in the CRM wiki, but I will put that as a todo for myself.

Now that I have explained this process. I will continue in another response here, asking you about resources you used.

Take care,

Stephen

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the CRM Webclient UI forum we have an enhanced "rules of enagement" concept regarding what the moderators and community expects.

This thread and I hope you read it, summarizes the expectations around asking and answering questions:

My questions are:

- Have you read the thread and associated blogs in that thread before? If not please explain why. If so did you try to follow the search procedure described in the thread. What keywords did you use to try to find your answer?

- Do you have a copy of the CRM Webclient book by SAP Press?

- Did you purchase any of the OKP's for CRM 2007/7.0?

- Have you taken the CR580 class provided by SAP?

My point on asking these questions is that we have made the assumption that everyone has done enough research via learning materials or debugging their system before they should post a question. The idea is to help people where the current available information does not provide an answer, but not to do the work for that person.

Take care,

Stephen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can send a mail to "notification at sapnetworkmail dot com" who can give you an exact reply as to why your post was rejected

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

great, that's useful. Thanks very much. Malcolm.