cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyDMS 6 SP11 installation in Win7 XP-mode - unable to register DLL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not an expert nor do I have any previous experience of SAP - just trying to install EasyDMS client on my office PC to access client's files. Everyone else in the office is using WinXP, but I got a new system with Win7.

Our client is using EasyDMS 6.0 SP11, which does not support Win7. So, we tried to install in Win7 XPmode, but the installation does not work. It goes OK all the way until it tries to register the EasyDmsExplorer.dll, then gives out an error:

"Cannot load RFC library

The specified module could not be found."

I've tried to register the DLL manually with regsvr32, but I get the same error. In addition, regsvr32 gis out another error:

"LoadLibrary("easydmsexplorer.dll") failed - A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed."

Any ideas how I could get this to work? Due to company policy I can't get Win XP, and the client has no intention to upgrade to a version that supports Win7.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies, guys. So far, no good.

I checked that I have the librfc32u.dll, it's not missing - but I can't register or unregister it either, I get the same error message as easydmsexplorer.dll.

I also checked with Dependency Walker. The "easydmsexplorer.dll" did have one missing dependency (MSJVM.DLL), which I downloaded and registered. That did not do the trick, but Dependecy Walker says everything is fine. Yet the problem persists. I also installed vbr2005 just in case, but that didn't do anything.

Then about the client itself - is it possible for me to use v7.1, although the client uses an older version? If so, how can I acquire 7.1? Ask my my client or what?

Thank you very much for your answers!

former_member345274
Participant
0 Kudos

This problem is possibly because you are using an emulated environemt of win xp in win7. otherwise I cannot see any dependecy of easydms with MSJVM. Also its the c, c++ runime that needs to be instsalled ,not vbr2005. Hope this is a typo.

Using of 7.1 along with 6.0 is possible if both are installed on different machines. 7.1 is in ramp up. Your client may need to contact solution maangement responsible for a ramp up sing up.

former_member345274
Participant
0 Kudos

well one more thing, you need to check the dependency of rfc library also to see of it has any missing dependecy!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

since dependency walker is showing no issues..i suspect it has something to do with the simulation environment...i would suggest to go for eDMS 7.1 release as it supports win 7..it will save double efforts for you as well.

rgds

anubhav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Success!

Stupid me, I didn't check the dependencies of the librfc32u.dll, and there it was - missing msvcr71.dll. Downloaded, copied and registered the dll, then installed - with no error messages whatsoever. So far EasyDMS seems to be working perfectly.

Superb!

Thank you both!

former_member345274
Participant
0 Kudos

msvcr71.dll is shipped with easydms. So typically should have not showed a dependency error. Well even if it shows, if you download and install the vc runtime libs from the link I specified, it should resolve the problem. wonder why it was not!

Jomerce

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in easydms installation directory plz check if you have librfc*.dll files or not.

also u can install easyDMS 7.1 for Win 7 system. it is in ramp up phase.

rgds

anubhav

former_member345274
Participant
0 Kudos

The issue is probalby because of missing delendencies. you may download and try dependency walker for seeing missing dependency. Mostyl it ma be due to vs 2005 run time lib.

You may try either of this.

download and install vs 2005 runtime libraries from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=32bc1bee-a3f9-4c13-9c99-220b62a191ee&dis...

and then try installing EasyDMS.

Hope this helps,

Jomerce