Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization variable 3.5 and BI 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are in process of upgrading our BW 3.5 Authorization to BI 7 New

Analysis authorization. I have some query related to authorization

variable BW 3.5 and how to Use in BI 7.

For an Example

In BW 3.5 concept, authorization is set on the info provideru2019s level.

For example in Cube ZBILL we have 0COMP_CODE and 0SALESORG in the

flow, but we chosen to only authorize on 0COMP_CODE , In this case, we

only have authorization variable on 0COMP_CODE.

However, in BW 7.0 concept, authorization is set on info object level.

On the example above, 0COMP_CODE and 0SALESORG becomes authorization

relevant.

How would that that impacts the maintenance of variables in the queries?i.e.: do we have to have authorization variables in both 0COMP_CODE and

0SALESORG in the queries?

Looking forward for your suggestion.

BR,

Deepak

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak ,

Below is the required information on migration of queries

Using Queries

Both versions (SAP BW 3.x and SAP NetWeaver 2004s) of Queries could be used in both versions of BEx Tools and runtimes

Samples

u2013 Queries (SAP BW 3.x) could be used without change in BEx Web Application

Designer (SAP NetWeaver 2004s)

u2013 SAP NetWeaver 2004s Queries could be used in BEx Analyzer (SAP BW 3.x)

Process of Migration

Save Query with SAP NetWeaver 2004s BEx Query Designer

Possible problem: reusable objects (structures, key figures, variables) might also get new version

Other Queries using these reusable objects could be only opened with SAP NetWeaver 2004s BEx Query Designer

See Note 949330 about Query backup & restore

Thanks

Dheeraj

0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

Our All query from BW 3.5 to BI 7 has been already migrated, we dont have problem in using query in BI7.

now we are moving BW 3.5 Authorization to new Analysis authorization based on BI 7, in new Concept do we have to have authorization variables in both 0COMP_CODE and 0SALESORG in the queries? as i have asked in my question.

BR,

Deepak

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

With BI 7 you no longer have the option of selectively checking an authorization relevant object for an infocube. You can replicate the same behaviour by creating an authorization object with both 0COMP_CODE and 0SALESORG along with 0TCAIPROV Restrict on existing values for 0COMP_CODE, 0TCAIPROV to ZBILL and give full authorization (*) to 0SALESORG.

Using 0TCAIPROV in the authorization ensures that these restriction are only applicable for the particular cube. To ensure the success of this design, you must make it a point of not maintaining 0TCAIPROV as * in other analysis authorizations with either of 0COMP_CODE or 0SALESORG. This should allow you to use your queries without change

The other option, as you yourself mentioned, is to restrict with authorization variables for both the infoobjects while maintainaing actual authorized values for them in the analysis auths. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Aninda

0 Kudos

Thanks Aninda for mail.

in relation to my earlier question i have another doubt.

For one User I was doing testing for Query ZZABC40 which runs on

Multiprovider ZABC, Multiprovider ZABC is checked only

on company code ( in RSSM) but when I am running the Query in BI 7 setup its

failing for Company code and Sales org ( for value :,) .

my question is why its just checking for Sales org where as in multiprovider there are some other Auth objects available like Profit Center but they are not checked while running the query ZZABC40.

This is bit hard for me to

understand why itu2019s just checking sales org and why need value Colon.

for Sales org and Comp code already required value are available in

Analysis authorization ( CC as 1150 and Sales org as 1150 and 1151),

The same query working in Production with 3.5 concept.

(I know its works when i add both the missing field as : in my analysis authorization, but this doesnt help me in understanding how it works. I have also gone through SAP note 0001140831, but still not clear.)

Can you share me how to proceed in sitiation like this.

Thanks in advance.

-

RSECADMIN Log----

Subselection (Technical SUBNR) 0

Supplementation of Selection for Aggregated Characteristics

Check Added for Aggregation Authorization: 0COMP_CODE

Check Added for Aggregation Authorization: 0SALESORG

Authorizations missing for aggregation (":")

Char. ZVCHCCSO

0COMP_CODE I EQ 1150

0SALESORG I EQ 1151

-

BR,

Deepak

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Colon( is the minimum authorization value that is needed for ALL authorization relevant characteristic in an infoprovider which are not restricted at the query level. Off course you can restrict the characteristic to actual authorised values or give full access (*).

Your query exists in production (BW 3.5) as only company code is checked for the cube in RSSM and actual values are maintined for it through reporting authorizations.

In BW, in addition to CC you need to maintain authorisation for sales org as well as you do not have the option of selectively checking objects for cubes. To check whether profit center should be checked look at the infoobject for profit center in RSD1. Is it marked as auth relevant under the Business Explorer tab? If not you need not maintain it in your authorisations.

Regards,

Aninda

0 Kudos

Thanks Aninda for Reply.