cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

settlement error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have level 1 WBSE which carries all budget for the project.

then

level 2 WBSE on which all actuals gets posted.

Now, on level 2 WBSE we have assigned on PM order.

Total Cost is within budget limits.

When we go to settle level 2 WBSE, it gives error:

BP603: Item 004 Order 8000000441 budget exceeded.

Diagnosis

Budget for WBS element TAH-CE09-02.1 was exceeded by 279,956.56 INR in document item 004 Order 8000000441 .

I have searched regarding this error and found note: 159850

we have exempted the settlement cost elements too, but no use, error is still coming.

Any suggestions on how to complete settlement?

Thanks,

Harsh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For time being, you can deactivate the AVAC and then do settlement. I have not tried with PM orders. May be I will try to simulate your scenario and see how it works.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please allotte the budget for WBS element CJ30 under respective project and active the availblity control for this project( The status should be AVUC ).

Regards

Venkat

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried to simulate your scenario, I created two WBS, level 1 has budget equivalent to PM order plan cost. PM order is assigned to level 2 WBSE. Plan = actual, no budget available, I did settlement from PM order to level 2 WBSE and level 2 WBSE to level 1 WBSE. i didnt get any settlement error. Even, I use settlement by cost element and those cost elements are not exempted.

Let me know what I missed from your case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you didn't missed , i missed:

settlement type is AUC.

level 1 WBSE is not acct. assigned.

level 2 WBSE is acct. assigned.

Thanks,

Harsh.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which WBSE has AUC, level 1 or level 2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

WBSE level 2.

Edited by: Harsh Saxena on Oct 5, 2010 1:10 PM

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, But in your case, error comes during settlement from PM order to WBSE level 2? am I right? But in my case it didnt happen, even though budget is already consumed and no budet available. Have you tried CJBN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i checked settlement rule for PM order, it is settling to asset.

yes i have ran cjbn.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought that you are settling PM order to WBSE level 2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PM order is attached to WBSE level2 and they are settling the project (level2 WBSE) to asset and getting error of budget exceeded at level1 WBSE.

For PM order assigned to WBSE, normally it should be settled to WBSE and then from WBSE to asset. am i right?

Harsh.

Edited by: Harsh Saxena on Oct 5, 2010 4:33 PM

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using WBS element (2nd level) only for budget control? In that case it should be statistical (no settlement rule/ profile) for WBS element. PM order can be settled to a cost center/ asset depending on requirement directly.

If your scenario is not the one as explained above, then settle PM order cost to WBS element first and then WBS element to AUC as usual.

Note that your PM order expenditure will be controlled by WBS element budget. So on 1st level WBS element, there should be budget equivalent to total expendiute on WBS element 2nd level and PM order expenditure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

PM order should be settled to the WBSE2, then WBSE2 to AUC. AUC to Final asset.

Praveen

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For PM order assigned to WBSE, normally it should be settled to WBSE and then from WBSE to asset. am i right?

Yes, you are.

Settlement sequence:

PM order to the WBSE, WBSE to AUC & from AUC to FXA.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simulated the similar scenarion and found that the AVAC can be deactivated using CJBW and settlement executed successfully.

Try it as far as now. Will try to find the exact reason behind it.

Please check if any commitments exists in the project also.