cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Message Processing from PI 7.1 for Multiple times a day

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In PI is it possible to only process messages at certain times? i.e. can we define multiple periods of time when not to process anything?

Lets say between times

07.40 to 08.10

15.40 to 16.10

23.40 to 00.10, PI shoud not send any data.

Please suggest .

Thanks and Regards,

Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

Pls schedule the CC using availability time planning such that it is schedule for all the other times except the ones mentioned by u

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

If it is possible to use Redwood scheduling then you can consider this option.

Using Redwood scheduling you can hold the processing of message in PI box for particular time period also. And there more facilities in this tool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we achive this using External Control option for communications channel?

which can be scheduled using Abap Reports ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Yes we can develop an Abap program, as to trigger a CC is just to call a HTTP address, that's all !

the difficulties will be only to read the response returned by this call, in order to be sure that your action has been correctly done.

About the Avalibilty time, you said that it's not possible because you have three time, but I think you can declare your CC in three entries. just try!

I did the test, it's possible to use the same CC in several entry of Availibity-time planning.

regards.

Mickael

Edited by: Mickael Huchet on Oct 5, 2010 8:24 AM

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

If your requirement is specific to a few scenarios, you can use adapter scheduling feature in PI.

/people/deepak.shah/blog/2010/03/29/polling-vs-atp-in-sap-pi

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

It is not possible in PI to not to process at schedule times.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alternativily, if you would like to schedule individual adapter, check the below blog:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareen,

Through Availability Time , it is only possible to Schedule it for once at particular time.

I need to stop it for 3 times a day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, Check below blog:

Control Communication Channels Externally without using RWB

/people/william.li/blog/2007/05/04/control-communication-channels-externally-without-using-rwb

Note: once the External Control is turned on for the Communication Channel, we can no longer manually start or stop the communication channel using the RWB. We will have to turn the External Control off to do so.

Thanks,