cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Terms and Conditions at the back of FIRST Page in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to print one full page (static content) of Terms and Conditions at the back side of the FIRST page in Smartforms for Invoice (Std. Print program and custom layout) and from SECOND page onwards i just want to print only the overflow of line items (simplex mode with back side of 2nd and later pages should be empty). Can you please help me out in achieving the Duplex printing of FIRST page and Simplex printing of pages from 2nd onwards?

For your reference, I have tried the following things and still not able to achieve it,

1. I configured my form pages as follows: FIRST page --> TC Page (Terms & Conditions) --> FIRST page --> EMPTY page --> FIRST Page

2. I tried triggering the NEW PAGE command at the Footer of the Looping Item Table in the MAIN Window from the FIRST page (so that the T&C will print at the back of FIRST page). But, the output is not generated and No Error messages being shown. When i execute the invoice form nothing is showing up.

3. I tried with Page Protection and that also did not help me in this scenario as the Terms & Conditions are static text for a full page.

Any valuable Suggestions/Inputs would definitely help me a lot.

Thanks in Advance and please let me know if you need more explanation/clarification.

Edited by: karsar on Oct 5, 2010 2:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this:

Declare a flag variable v_flag TYPE char1 (default value blank)

In the FIRST page, assign next page as TC page.

And for TC page, assign next page as FIRST page.

Now in the TC page, give a condition for the window containing terms & conditions as v_flag NE 'X'.

At the end of the TC page (after the windows containing terms & conditions), use another window with a program line. Set a flag = 'X' there.

worth a shot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abapfreak,

Thanks for your suggestions and I tried this technique already but no luck with that..!!!

After some investigation on this issue found out an interesting thing that when you have Windows using Templates after the NEW PAGE command then there exists a conflict and it is not working fine. So what i have done to resolve this issue is that i converted the Templates into Normal Windows to print the subtotal amounts.

But currently i am running into a different issue with the same form and that is i am printing the subtotals of price and amount in a separate window (immediately at the end of the MAIN window) for the currently displayed Invoice line items in each and every page (1st page and all overflowing pages). Printing is fine but the issue is with the calculation of subtotals, lets us take an example here for better understanding - In the 1st Page MAIN window is printing 4 items (each item with amount as 100$) but my subtotal at the end of MAIN window is getting calculated as 500$ (Within the LOOP processing of items it is considering the 5th Item also as FIRST page but while printing it is displaying only 4 Items in FIRST page).

Any valuable suggestions/ideas to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Please use the footer in the main window to print the subtotals. The calculations can be done in the Calculations tab of TABLE node. You may require to clear the sum variable after its displayed in every page i.e. just clear variable after text node.

If you will use use a secondary window to display the sum, it will keep on adding the items till end.

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for your quick response. In my case i want to calculate the subtotals in cumulative fashion i.e. Amount Total in 1st page should be 400$ (for 4 Items in first pg each having individual amount of 100$), Amount Total in 2nd Page should be 800$ (for 4 Items in 2nd pg each having individual amount of 100$), so on.. and finally in the last page Amount total should represent the final overall total amount value for all line items belonging to the Invoice document.

Therefore, I am not supposed to clear the sum variable.

In the footer of the MAIN window (only when it is 1st Page i am calling a NEW PAGE command to trigger the Terms & Conditions page to print at back side of 1st Page) and after the MAIN window, I have the sum variables for price and amount following in different secondary windows as Text Node (along with program lines).

Please suggest/provide some ideas to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would still insist you to display it in footer above the command node. The condition for new page must be command node's condition tab only. You may not require any program lines, just the right use of calculations tab in table node will do all the required summing. Just the target field, field to summed and time (before loop/ after loop) is required in that tab. A line type maybe required to be used in the footer. Yes, you need not clear the sum and your issue of the first item on next page being included in 1st page sub total will also be solved by selecting Before loop or after loop appropriately in calculation tab.

Else if you still want to display in separate windows, then just assign the summed variable to the field with which you are displaying the sum in secondary window, but the calculation's tab must be used.

Regards,

Karthik