cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Forms: New percentage value being replaced by Old percentage value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an interactive ADOBE form in HCM system. It has Old percentage value and New percentage value fields. Old percentage value field is display only. It brings current value of 100. When user enters value in New percentage field. This value is passed to back-end system class CL_HRASR00_PAITF_MAPPER but in this class value is set back to OLD value.

Any thought why it is getting reset to OLD value?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to resolve this issue by adding ARBST to the form secenario and calculating that based on Percentage. SAP uses ARBST and T508A-MOTPR to calculate percentage and sets back the percentage. Thanks for your help.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First off, it would help if you mentioned you were doing HCM P&F. I can tell by your mention of the mapper class. Now, that said, it is probably due to your configuration being wrong or some other error happening. What the dispatcher class will do is check "old values" vs "new values" and if any ...ANY ...error occurred on your backend services config, it will "roll back" ALL changes. This typically happens with uncaught errors. Past that, make sure your mapping in config is actually right. Check in both your config for the services/fields and also check your binding AGAIN on the form. You might think you have bound your "new percentage" to that field but actually bound the "old" value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solomon, thanks for identifying this issue to be an HCMPF one... else I might have missed it? haha

Besides what Solomon states, make certain you have checked the "Operation Exclusion" field on the old field. You can only have one field bound to any given infotype/field. I'd bet that might be your problem. Also, don't test this on the form, use HRASR_PROCESS_EXECUTE to test your logic to make certain your issue doesn't lie in the form. Only after you test successfully you should go look at the adobe form.

Furthermore, if you are already debugging in the PATIF adapter class you can look into the message_manager and review the details of whatever error was raised and what field it corresponds to. Generic error messages don't really yield much info.

Hope you find this useful.