cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxonomy syndication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I have a taxonomy Equipment class in my custom Equipment repository.This Taxonomy has numerous Classes and Attributes related to each class.

How do i syndicate Taxonomy data to ECC?Please provide steps for the same.

Thanks,

Ravz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To load classification data to SAP you can use CLFMAS02 and example of CLFMAS schema structure mapping as follows

Material / Part Number -> CLFMAS->E1OCLFM--->OBJEK

Taxonomy Class Name -

>CLFMAS-->E1KSSKM->Class

Class Type -> CLFMAS>E1OCLFM-->KLART (Give Equipment class type number)

Attribute Name-->CLFMAS>E1AUSPM->ATNAM

Text Attribute Value->CLFMAS>E1AUSPM--->ATWRT

Numeric Attribute Value-->CLFMAS>E1AUSPM-->ATWRT

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt response!

I have Class as Taxonomy Table and it has 2000 attributes for various classes of Equipment.

Now when trying to Syndicate out,what procedure should I follow or what mapping is to be done?

Will it be syndicated with same Idoc which I use for Main Table syndication?

Thanks in advance!

Ravz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now when trying to Syndicate out,what procedure should I follow or what mapping is to be done?

Ans : You require to create to two separate map for main table and do one to one mapping with equipment XSD and another for classification data just map equipment part number, class name, attributes, attributes value as mention earlier and first post your main table data to ECC and then classification

Will it be syndicated with same Idoc which I use for Main Table syndication?

Ans : you can not use same IDOC for main and classification data for syndication because there is separate XSD for equipment and classification data first update your equipment part number then only update classification data

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I am using a custom idoc for Equipment data syndication,i dont think there is any standard idoc available for the same.

Please guide if I can use the same Idoc for syndication of Main table as well as Equipment Class data.

Moreover,which XSD should I use,should I create from my custom IDOC using PI or should I create one from repository using NWDS.So that I can send main table data and also classification data in one Idoc.

Please guide!

Thanks,

Ravz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MDM Business content doesn't content standard XSD schema for Equipment but in from ECC there is standard IDOC available EQUIPLENT_CREATE01,EQUIPLENT_CREATE02, EQUIPMENT_CHANGE01,EQUIPMENT_CHANGE02 and MDM_EQUIPMENT_SAVEREPLICA01 for changing and create equipment. Check any one of this IDOC may suitable for your business requirement. if any of this IDOC you want to then you need generate XML file through Tcode we60 then convert to XSD schema by SAP studio, Altovaspy software or directly generate XSD file through SAP PI.

if your custom IDOC contain main table as well as classification data you can send main and classification data together in same IDOC but it depend upon ZProgram written or require to write Z_Program with the help technical consultants to post both main and classification data together to ECC

i would suggest create separate sydication for main and classification data with separate XSD file and post main data first and then classification data because if main and classification data post together your XML file size may increase and it will take more to post IDOC to ECC

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Jignesh!

Please guide me about both Inbound and Outbound Idocs for Equipment master.

As per this scenario I see that I have one Idoc for Main table data,one for Address and One for Class related data.

Can you guide me on steps to be followed from here.

Thanks,

Ravz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for outbound process you can create 3 separate map in syndication one is for main table data, one for address and one for class then first syndicate and post Main table data. once main table successfully update to ECC then second Adress data and third Class data same way for inbound process

for automize inbound and outbound process define port in MDM console select remote system, map, XSD schema , processing type etc.

Note: Once you have migrate all Legacy data to MDM, for day to day syndication process you can schedule the syndication in syndication map on specific time or require to build logic for one by one updation of data i.e. main table after address after classification

Note : All above suggestion may change depends upon your business requirement

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Inputs!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jignesh,

I am trying to syndicate the attributes linked to my product master to an external system. My requirement is I want to populate the attribute description and syndicate it to an external system along with the product record. But in the Item mapping tab there is no provision to map the attribute description to the destination. Could you please help me to acheive this.

Thanks

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

You can use partitioning to achieve this.

regards,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi

for attributes

If you want Attribute's with main table records, in MDM Data Manager Select current table as Main table in record mode. File>Export To Excel> Here pop up window will come where you can Select the fields to export(select here Equipment number and field which is lookup to Taxonomy table like class), in this pop up window, you will have other tabs where you need to click the Checkbox for Attributes. now there is a tab Attribute where you need to select Available Attributes to Attributes to Export

moreover you can follow below links

for Numeric Attribute

also make sure If you are creating new attribute values in MDM & syndicating those values to ECC, the syndication will be failed because, the new values should be created in ECC also. so both the end should be insink.

Hope it helps

Rgds

Deep