cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg - Sales Order Ship to Party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Following is the Problem I am facing Currently. The Problem is when I create a Sales Order the system allows to enter any Ship to Party Which is not relevant to the Sold to Party.That is in the Customer Master i have not maintained the Customer as Ship to Party but even then the System allows me to enter the other ship to Party which is not relevant. I do not know how to restrict it.

I want the System to allow me to enter only the Ship to parties that i have maintained in the Customer master data.

Guys please help me......

Thanks in Advance.....

Regards,

Madhan Raj. C

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using the standard SH function for ship-to party? If yes then the option are limited. The issue that you are facing is a standard SAP behaviour wherein any ship to party can be put into a sales order with any sold to party even if the ship to party is not assigned to the sold to party. There is a way to only take those values which are assigned in the sold to party but this is not applicable for partner functions SH, SP, BP and PY (I don't know why). You can assign this rule for SB partner function. The control is in transaction VOPA. In VOPA select Sales Document header and click on Partner Procedure. The partner procedure is mostly TA (standard). Select TA and click on procedure details. Scroll down to partner function SH and ideally this would have worked if SAP would have allowed a value of C (Partner function from customer master table-KNVP) in the source field. If you click on the help that also says that C will not be allowed for SP, BP, PY and SH as this may lead to unnecessary incompletions.

So the only other way is to use the origin tab as X (Customer specific partner determination- User exit) and code it in the user exit.

Thanks

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Indranil,

As per ur suggestion I tried things but I am not even able to make changes to SH as 'C' the system is throwing an error saying "Origin C is not permitted for partner function SH". Can u help me reg this...............

Thanks,

Madhan Raj. C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhan

As I mentioned that is the whole absurdity of SAP. The C type is not allowed by SAP for SH, SP, BP and PY. The justification is that it leads to incompletion in sales orders where master data may not be maintained.

This is what SAP help has to say:

For source type C - if you want to take the partner function exclusively from the partner screen entries in the customer master. If no partner is specified in the customer master for this function, it will not be used in the document. In this case you may have to extend the mandatory partner functions in the document manually.

As this setting can lead to incomplete documents, the functions SP, BP, PY and SH, which are not absolutely necessary for sales and distribution processing, are not used.

The only way to do this in your case is to use the user exit option (option X) and write the code that does not allow SH not liked to the SP to be used.

Thanks

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indranil,

Thanks much...... I have decided to go by the User Exit itself.

Regards,

Madhan Raj. C

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi madhan,

Kindly clarify wheather the Ship to Party and The Sold to pary are the same or Different,

If Both are same then just default your partner function for Account group...

Go to IMG - S&D-Basic Function-Partner determination- In that -- in left side you ll be having partner function -- click on to that --

Your SP will to linked to your Account group (Eg 0001 Sold to party) in the same way

Come to the bottom, you ll find SH linked to Standard Account group -- copy that and rename it as your Account group ---

Now you ll find the system determines the Ship to party same as the sold to party----

I the SP & SH are different ---

You should do the same process -- in Sales order -- you ve to choose which Ship to party you are going to transfer the goods,

Cheers,

Jose.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear madhancraj,

A simple solution to your issue will be to ask your ABAPer to grey out the SH field under the SP field in the sales order and not allow anyone to enter the SH manually, and if your SP has multiple SHs then system will ask only one of the assigned SHs to be selected.

Happy SAPing.

Venkat - Hyd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhan,

Just check you have assigned all the partner functions to the account group and placed all the partner functions in the account group and made all the partenr functions mandatory.Except the SP which should be non modifiable and mandatory.I hope this will help ur issue.Like the system should pick only the partners which u have mentioned in the customer master.

Regards,

Ramesh.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no such control from system. it wil only validate that whether ship to you entered is available in the respective sales area or not?

I think, you have to curtail the ship to @ Header / Item using enhancement.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

If you have multiple ship to party for Partner Function and you want to allow only one Ship to party to appear during order processing then,

1.Maintain that particular Partner functions as default in Customer master data in sales area data for partner functions or else,

2.You have to maintain check box for Partner Function as Mandatory in procedure details in T.C VOPA for partner determination.

This works for you.

shekar