cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS docs to be stored in HP TRIM server using SAP Archive Link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

We have a scenario where we need to use SAP DMS to create the Document Info Record (DIR) but save the actual document in HP Trim server (3rd party Document management system).

when business needs they should be able to retrive the docs chage and save them back to trim . There is some documentation abt HP Trim system that says this can be achived using SAP Archive link .

Can any onehelp with the config that needs to be done to achive this "Creation of a DIR using DMS and saving the actual doc in a external content server (HP Tri in my case) using SAP Archive link".

Do any one have HP Trim and DMS working at their sites??

Regards

Siddhartha Ampolu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a connector that HP sell which enables the SAP certified connector. I'm not sure if they have any reference sites in Australia, but once the connector is implemented, you should be able to create a certified SAP repository for TRIM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol

Apart from the connector what config we need t do in DMS and Archive link space to get this working ... basic steps to get this working will be very helpful any doc or link with steps.

Regards'

Siddhartha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately you would need to contact HP to get those. I haven't seen any documentation for it personally.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol

For Instance if we consider there is no TRIM in place are there any steps for configuring in SAP for DMS to talk to Archive link and place documents in an external folder . I want to atleast do the config to be done in SAP and get DMS - Archive link working . Any help for this will be great.

regards

Siddhartha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its exactly the same. Its just the storage type you select in OAC0. I.e. ArchiveLink vs DMS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol

Can you please guide me to any link or doc that will help me configuring and testing it, DMS & Archive link area is new start for me . Thanks a lot for the quick responses.

I was reading some documentation on Archive link it says tht it will not support the versioning of documents once they are archived, Is there any way we can still have the DMS functionalities avaliable after saving the doc suing Archive link .

Regards

Siddhartha Ampolu

Edited by: Siddhartha on Oct 5, 2010 2:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do a search. There are plenty of posts which cover the configuration of DMS and ArchiveLink as separate issues. Its not something you could add as a single post, its an entire module in itself.

On the issue of versioning, some products do support versioning with ArchiveLink but TRIM is not one of them. To get versioning on TRIM, you would need to use SAP DMS using TRIM as a repository. Open Text supports ArchiveLink with versioning with a product called Extended ECM which is designed to give similar functionality to SAP DMS but driven from the Open Text product as opposed to the SAP DMS. I.e. you create documents and publish them to SAP rather than creating them in SAP and storing them in the 3rd party content server.

Edited by: Athol Hill on Oct 6, 2010 9:45 AM