cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM2.1 Report issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru:

We are using SPM 2.1, the data is in the cube and the data upload works fine.

However, when I try to open the standard report, Browse->SAP->Reports->Spend->Spend by category, or other reports, it always gives an error

com.sap.analytics.aui.bi.OlapException: Invalid characteristic: SAP_0XSAUND_20093134434847

at com.sap.analytics.aui.bi.bics.BicsMetadataBrowser.getCharacteristic(BicsMetadataBrowser.java:89)

at com.sap.analytics.aui.bi.bics.BicsMetadataBrowser.applyHierarchy(BicsMetadataBrowser.java:97)

I checked the SAP_0XSAUND_20093134434847, it is a delivered dimension for GL account, the spend by category should not use it at all.

Then we tried to delete the SAP_0XSAUND_20093134434847, it does not help.

Any idea?

Also when I execute the data source administration, it shows some dimension in blue color with a link, when I click it, it gives the dimension definition, but for others, even they are similar dimension, it does not give the link.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Eric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No further Activity, assuming this question has been answered with the aid of the many replies posted.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Out of the box SPM application delivers several 'Navigational Dimensions' (Accounting, Buying Organization, Category, etc...), the one which your system seems to have a problem with "SAP_0XSAUND_20093134434847" is Category. In the data source administration screen you can use the second drop down box 'Displayed Items' and select 'Navigation Dimensions' to looks up all delivered navigational dimensions in your system. Navigational dimension & Dimensions with BW hierarchy will have a hyperlink to look up the details, the others will not have hyperlink.

The category navigational dimension consists of 2 underlying objects, one is 0XAREWCCAT objects (for this the system expects to have a BW hierarchy) second 0XARLPROD which is the last level of the navigational dimension. So make sure that when data is loaded that the first objects has a hierarchy generated (and refresh datasource so the system can read the necessary levels of the hierarchy). Also make sure the BW query has the hierarchy selected for 0XAREWCCAT.

Also SAP delivered navigational dimensions cannot be deleted, so the one mentioned in the error message you are receiving cannot be deleted.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

What should I do if I already deleted it? Could I just create my own Category dimension and add it to the reports?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Yes, if you have deleted an existing dimension, please create another one then open the report replace the existing dimension with the new one. SAP delivered report cannot be modified & save you will have to 'save as' a new report.

Rohit