cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security groups to view Crystal reports within InfoView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm trying to get some Crystal reports set up to be viewed within InfoView and I'm on BO 12.1. My reports can be viewed and refreshed if the user is a member of the Administrator group, but I cant figure out where to add the groups nessesary to view the reports otherwise. I've added them to the application - WEBI and INFOVIEW, to the servers for Crystal, etc. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jessa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

create a group with all users whom you want to give view access

I assume all these crystal reports are in a folder. What is the source for these crystal reports?

Give that group view access on the folder. If the data source is universe. give that group view access to universe and connection (also they should be given data access). in applications, i think it is given view access to everyone on infoview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The connection is through a MSS db, not through a universe. The users all have access to the folder the reports reside. They can see the reports, but get an error message when they try to refresh the reports:

"Your request was refused because you do not have the right 'Right To Refresh' on report '... ' Please ask yoru system administrator to grant you this right"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error because they have Schedule rights.

You have to assign them for "" View On Demand" rights. Give them Fullcontrol , if you want to see them as Administrator.

Thank You!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the same error message when I add them with View on Demand access as I do with Schedule access. Still not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check if any rights are Explicitly denied in Advanced Rights section.

Just to test, can you assign them with Fullcontrol and see...,,

Thank You!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works if they are granted "Full Control". So, what option in full control is allowing this, that I could add to View?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good...!! Fullcontrol is nothing but you are giving them almost Administrator rights.

If you have no probs by assigning them to FullControl right, you're welcome.

As per the datasource and Crystal Reports data accessing Users need that right.

Hope you got me, let me know if you have any concerns.

Thank You!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont really want to have them at full control, just to view Crystal reports. Do you or does anyone happen to know what specific right needs to be granted in order for View, View on Demand, or Schedule to access the Crystal reports?

Former Member
0 Kudos

To simply access reports, you can give them View right.

To refresh the report data, you have to assign them to View on Demand or Fullcontrol rights.

Or

You can define new Rights -- Power User or End user rights for accessing reports and create new group -- Crystal Reports and assign rights to the Users to this new group.

Thank You!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I'm wondering is what is the "assigned right" that exists in the Full Control access level that is allowing the users access to the Crystal reports that does not exist in the "View On Demand" or "Schedule" access levels. ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

--->>In Crystal Enterprise 10 and BusinessObjects Enterprise XI, the "Download files associated with the report" right is required to perform certain actions such as scheduling reports to destinations. This right is part of the Full Control role, but it is not part of any of the lesser roles.

Because this right did not exist in Crystal Enterprise 8.5 or 9, users who had Schedule or View on Demand roles for a report object were able to schedule reports to destinations. After migrating to BusinessObjects Enterprise XI, those users will be unable to schedule reports to destinations unless they are granted the "Download files associated with the report" for the relevant report objects.

This restriction may also cause recurring instances to fail if such instances were scheduled by users who without the download right.

--->> In order for a user to publish a report that contains a dynamic prompt and cascading list of values, the user must have the u201CEditu201D and u201CSet Securityu201D rights in the Dynamic and Cascading Prompts folder as well as u201CFull Controlu201D rights for the target InfoView folder in the Central Management Console.

--->> When you export a universe, groups that have been selected in the "Export Universe" dialog box will be assigned "Full Control" role on the universe.

-

Access Level ================== Description ======================= Rights Involved

==================================================================================================

View----->> If set on the folder level, a principal can view the folder, objects within the folder, and each object's generated instances. If set at the object level, a principal can view the object, its history, and its generated instances.

===== u2022 View objects

u2022 View document instances

Schedule -->> A principal can generate instances by scheduling an object to run against a specified data source once or on a recurring basis. The principal can view, delete, and pause the scheduling of instances that they own. They can also schedule

to different formats and destinations, set parameters and database logon information, choose servers to process jobs,add ontents to the folder, and copy the object or folder.

====== View access level rights,

plus:

u2022 Schedule the document to run

u2022 Define server groups to process jobs

u2022 Copy objects to another folder

u2022 Schedule to destinations

u2022 Print the report's data

u2022 Export the report's data

u2022 Edit objects that the user owns

u2022 Delete instances that the user owns

u2022 Pause and resume document instances that the user owns

*View On Demand* ====>> A principal can refresh data on demand against a data source.

==>>Schedule access level rights, plus:

u2022 Refresh the report's data

Full Control ====>> A principal has full administrative control of the object.

===>> All available rights, including:

u2022 Add objects to the folder

u2022 Edit objects

u2022 Modify rights users have to objects

u2022 Delete objects

u2022 Delete instances

Hope I clarified all your doubts.

Thank You!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's exactly what I needed! I created a new "access level" specifically for Crystal that has the "download files associated with the report" right, and I added that access level to my View User groups and Schedule user groups. It works great! Thank you for your help!!! I really appreciate it!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to hear from you Jessica. It worked for you.

If it is solved, can you make it Answered pls. So that others can know.

Thank You!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you see....

Thank You!!

Nancy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have added Crystal Reports to Infoview portal and in specific folders, correct??

Now give the User rights to those Folders to access the CR reports.

In CMC, you can give them.

Thank You!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, they have Schedule access within those folders.