Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master User Source in RAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

RAR 5.3 SP11:

I have set up the Master user source to HR system, but there are users that are in production and not in Development system

( as always ).

Is there a way to point only the user source to Production on my GRC development box, so that I get to see all the recently added business users in my GRC Development box.

Vidyar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidhar,

Users details like last name, first name etc are will be fetched from the master data souruce system specified.

Jobs user syn & batch risk analysis are run on the system basis. They will run for the users that exist in the system.

Usually in the landsace we have three RAR links pointing dev, qa & prd.

U can point to prd for that u need to create connector for production system, but that is not advisable.

Kind regards,

Srinivasan

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Vidhur,

There is no technical constraint from conencting your Dev GRC system to your Production system however, you need to think carefully about the impacts of that activity.

From a connection point of view, you can connect it and it will work like any other system (BRAs will run, user details will be fetched etc.)

But if you are accessing production data from your development system, what controls do you have on the users accessing this? You may attract unwanted audit attention on your development system as you are using it to access production data.

Simon

Edited by: Simon Persin on Oct 5, 2010 11:54 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vidyar,

No.

however you should not worry about this, as sync jobs will pull all the data from all the sytems.

regards,

Surpreet