cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party Order - Not possible to determine a consumption account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know there are a number of threads on this subject but the answer for me doesn't seem to be here.

The scenario I am trying to configure is around buying and selling software licenses using a Third Party Sales Order process (Item Cat TAS).

My material is set up as a DIEN with and Account Assignment Group of BANS and a Valuation Class of 3200 (service). I'm assuming that as the license key is a notional concept rather than a physical stocked item as such - a service is the more appropriate material type but maybe I'm wrong?

I have entered two entries using transaction OBYC (Maintain FI Configuration: Automatic Posting - Accounts) for Transaction Key GBB:

i) General Modification = blank

ii) General Modification = 'AUF'

... but this made no difference.

Can anyone advise how to resolve this issue please?

As an aside I am not sure how you ever know what entries are required in this table - how can you tell what General Modification values are relevant to any given scenario?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Forum post in ERP - Sales and Distribution (SD) General: Not possible to determine consumption account

Check whether this thread helps you

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja - yes this was useful but I am still having difficulties.

OK - So I can see from your notes that the Account Modifier that I was looking for was VAX associated with the Account Assigment Group of 'X' - good so I fixed the OBYC - GBB table to ensure I has a VAX - 3200 entry for consumption and it worked - great! BUT ...

I then wanted to get it so that my PO would create automatically so I:

i) Set the Auto PO on the Item Category

ii) Set the ALE paramenters asociated with the Sales Org definition

iii) Set the Auto PO on the Vendor Master

but that didn't work

I wanted to set the AUTO PO on the material master but as my MM was a DIEN this option was not available to me so I created another material that was NLAG (non-stocked) and tried again - this time I marked the Auto PO on material as well but it still didn't work because I am now geti8ng the message "Not possible to determine a consumption account" - Aaaarrrggghhhhh!!!

Everything else remains unchanged - BANS - CS etc.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

PS..... OK, I've figured out what thie issue was .... NLAG was not being referenced in the V_134_K table (transaction OMSK - Account Category Reference/Material Type) and therefore that led me to assigning a different valuation class in the new NLAG material and then of course another entry in the consumption table ..... phew!!!

My PO is still not being created automatically for some reason mind you but I guess I'll raise that as a separate issue.

Thanks again for your help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In case of account assigned PO's when you make a receipt po item treated as

consumed and the value is posted to consumption account with controlling as

cost center in your case when you make a third party delivery

How system will show it as consumed because goods are delivered to third party

Please use PO without a/c assignment here

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit - thank you for taking the time t reply but I am not sure I fully understand what you are telling me.

The sales order (and PO) must be account asigned as we want to capture the costs of the sale and post them to a project or cost centre, etc. (not sure which yet). The 'material' is not being delivered by the vendor (it is not really being delivered at all as it is a software licence - nothing phsyical changes hands) we are responsinble for the customer facing transactions but we cannnot bill the customer until we have arranged to pay for licences (and get the necessary permissions to sub-licence) from our supplier.

Regards.