cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Access Control 5.3 - Role Reaffirm Notification Email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have GRC 5.3 system and we want to change the content of Role Reaffirm notification email.

Is there any way to change the default email text?

We want to add few additional lines and CUP link in the email notification.

Thanks,

Rajendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

Which notification email you are discussing about. Emails will be triggered in SPM, RAR, CUP and ERM also.

Please provide more information on the notification email to enable me to digg more and help you

Rgds,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

There is no easy way to change Role Reaffirm emails. Role reaffirm itself is a powerful feature but is not fully working/enhanced. Even SAP does not want to enhance this feature and askes clients to start using UAR instead of role reaffirm. You can change the emails by going to virsa_ae_message table or by exporting initial data and importing it back into CUP. It requires you to have expert level knowledge as you can mess up the CUP database.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

The role reaffirm function is under CUP.

Thanks,

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

I found the entry in table VIRSA_AE_MESSAGE which is the same message as in the email notification.

I changed the value for field MSGDESC in our test system but the new text is not reflecting in email.

The email subject is coming as- Here are the roles that need to be reaffirmed

The body of the email is as below-

Here are the roles that need to be reaffirmed

Z_FI_MANAGER

Z_ALL_HR_DISPLAY_ALL

I updated the table at database level.

Is there anything else needs to be done?

Also we are using UAR as well as Role Reaffirm (don't know why), is there any oss note which says that UAR can be used instead of Role Reaffirm?

Thanks,

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajendra,

If you updated the right message then it should update the email message too. I don't know why it would not as I have done this so many times.

I think UAR and Role Reaffirm are 2 different features and UAR can not replace role reaffirm but SAP thinks otherwise. You can open a message to SAP and ask them to enhance role reaffirm functionality. That's what I did.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

There was only one entry in table VIRSA_AE_MESSAGE which was exactly same as email text.

I changed that text message but could not see the result. I will also check with SAP about the Role Reaffirm functionality.

Thansk for all your help.

Regards,

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

The system has stopped sending role reaffirm notification email since I changed the entry in table VIRSA_AE_MESSAGE. I have opened message with SAP but no helpful answer so far.

I backed out the change by updating old text in table but it didn't help.

Any idea what would have stopped it working?

Thanks,

Rajendra