Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERM role upload and creation

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello!

For what purpose mass role import in ERM exists for every system but not for landscape?

As I understand it will be enough if we upload roles for landscape, because if role created directly in EMR it assignes to landscape and not to system.

Does somebody answer for my question?

Regards,

Artem Ivashkin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Mass Import is always against a particular system because you download the data from that particular system. Also, it is not mandatory that the roles exist in all the systems of the landscape. If they do not, then data in the ERM will be inconsistent if mass upload against the landscape is allowed. Moreover, the data in the imported file is prefixed with the SAP client information against each role. Hence the role data shall not be uploaded into another system or client if uploaded.

Secondly, when we are creating a role in the ERM we should be doing against a landscape as we can assign different actions to different systems and that gives the advantage of performing Risk Analysis on the Production and generating on the Development for e.g.

If we are uploading the imported role we are taking data from a backend system where we do not have the advantages of ERM and role creation in ERM than backend is far more advantageous considering the given example.

Hope it clarifies.

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Artem,

not sure, however i think it is only for one system.

Regards,

Surpreet