cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RadioButtonGroupByIndex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my application I have used RadioButtonGroupByIndex selection.By default I am provided with 3 radio buttons,But I require only 2 radio buttons.How do I reduce the number of RadioButtons.If I give on the texts tab on the properties table I am given a context from where I select the attribute.But I need to add the property for the radio and not for the text to which the radio is attached,How do i add the text and assign the property of the radio to the context.Do I have to create a RadioButton rather than a RadioButtonGroupByIndex,If so then If i make a selection in one radiobutton I need the other radio button also to be inactive ie only one selection.Is this possible if i just create a radiobutton rather than a RadioButtonGroupByIndex.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi give the code for populating the radiobuttongroupbyindex in the method list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

Can you be a bit more clear on your question.Not getting you problem actuallly...

Thanks,

aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Please have a look into this link.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/d7/f08841e3af1609e10000000a155106/frameset.htm.

It has all information on radio buttons.

Best regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your help,but it seems that the link provides me with an overview of what a RadioButtonGroupByIndex and radiobutton is.

I am not able to find a solution of which one to use,and how it is being used.

If using RadioButtonGroupByIndex action ,how do i reduce the size from the default 3 to 2 and if i am using the radiobutton, how do i assign the values.I have created a transparent container,but unable to continue from there and in a radiobutton by default both my options are selected,how do i select only one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When you use RadiobuttonByindex , by default you get 3 buttons in the view overview.This doesnt mean that they will appear on the view when you run the application.

To make a radiobutton appear , you will have to add elements to the context bound to the UI element.

Use a supply function or in the WDDOINIT() method , fill the context with as many elements as needed (number of elements = number of buttons).

Also you can have a look at WDR_TEST_EVENTS component.

Thanks,

aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adithya,

I am using the context to bind the text to the radiobutton,but when you bind it in a radiobuttongroupbyindex the context is attached to all the radiobuttons.ie to all the default 3.

how do i assign it individually to each radiobutton in a radiobuttongroupbyindex selection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As i posted before , you will have to populate the context which has the attribute that is bound to the "text" of radiobuttonByIndex.

A sample code below.Here you can see , texts being set to the elements and finally all elements (3 in this case) are then bound to the context. This will create 3 buttons on screen with texts , "Radiobutton 1" , "Radiobutton 2" , "Radiobutton 3"..

This kind of logic has to be written in Supply function or WDDOINIT().

data:
    lt_attributes type standard table of if_radiobtngrpbyidx=>element_rbtngrp1,
    wa_attributes like line of lt_attributes.

wa_attributes-texts = 'Radiobutton 1'.
  insert wa_attributes into table lt_attributes.

wa_attributes-texts = 'Radiobutton 2'.

wa_attributes-texts = 'Radiobutton 3'.

node->bind_elements( lt_attributes ).

Thanks,

aditya.