IDES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

in my SWDC

i have IDES:

1) - EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 / NW7.01 - IDES VERSION

2) - IDES SEM-BW 6.0/7.00

I wanted to know if the 1) is included in 2).

if yes, then 2) is now out-dated

or i need both.

Because I have sap bw certification and i need to practice

Gracias

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

ECC 6.0 IDES and SEM-BW IDES are different. I think you may need both, since you may required to create the source system to ECC 6.0 system to pull the data from there.

If you need the source system to practice, keep it both.

Rgds,

JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont mean to hijack this thread... just thought thought it is related to IDES so I better ask here.

I installed Oracle and now ran the SAPInstaller for IDES installation. I have hit a brick wall as its saying "Install the Oracle server software before you continue the current installation". I have already installed oracle and I dont know what to do. I restared the installer several times.

Any helpwill be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it a unix based installation ? In that case the DB SW must be installed inbetween when prompted. Go through the installation guide which will give u all the required details.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a Windows 2003 Enterprise x64 based installation. I tried uninstalling and installing oracle a couple of times and no luck.

Can someone suggest what to do?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you are installing oracle using SAP mentioned procedue only.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i am new in sap-basis

but i think 1st u have install j2sdk 1.4 version

then install oracle db

then stop oracle service

then install oracle patch

then install sap

hope this will help u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing oracle using sapserver.cmd where it prompts for the drive and the SID. One thing that is strange I noticed is that it never asks for oracle system pasword or any prompt, it only says that the installation completed normally.

Is that the case ?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During oracle installation it will not prompt for password as it has to be handled by SAP installation (Master Password).

For you make sure you are installing oracle with administrator , and if still not detecting try to add environment variable ORACLE_HOME manually and then reboot.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems to be the issue with the nevroinment vailables.

Add the envroinment variable ORACLE_HOME under system variable(If you install one instance in the server) pointing to the oracle directory.

Ex:

ORACLE_HOME : d:\oracle\DEV\102_64

Rgds,

JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan and Jaya,

Great tip about the oracle home variable, but it did not work yet Tell me guys if I did this right.

Control Panel => System => Advance => Environment Variable => NEW

System Variable Name: ORACLE_HOME

Path: E:\ORACLE\ECC\102

I have widows 2003 server running off C:

😧 is the DVD ROM

E: is where my oracle instance is.

Am I on the right path?

Any help will be great !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to set them under the User variable. Along with ORACLE_HOME variable you also need to set the JAVA_HOME variable if you have already installed j2sdk.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all of your for sharing this information. It worked!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Both are different versions of IDES. The first one is specific for ERP and the second is for SEM-BW.

Hope this clarifies.

regards,

Varadharajan M