Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto creation of Backend adapters and Data objects

former_member210955
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is the code for creation of Backend adapters and Data Objects are exposed as APIs or RFCs ?.

So that any client can call the automatic creation of the Backend adapters and data objects after supplying the necessary inputs.

Thanks and Regards,

Saurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AnanthNatarajan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

You can use "import Bapi Wrappers as Data Objects" fuctionality to achieve this.

Steps :

1. Create a SCV

2. Right click on SCV --> Import --> Bapi Wrapper as Data Object. (then follow the Wizard)

It will automatically create Backend Adapters & Data Objects.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Ananth.

Edited by: Ananth Natarajan on Oct 4, 2010 3:31 PM

former_member210955
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Ananth,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Do we have the functionality available as an RFC?.

If yes can you please tell me the exact RFC name.

I want to call this from Java world through JCO

Best Regards,

Saurav

Edited by: Saurav Sarkar on Oct 4, 2010 3:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav

If i understood correctly, you intend to avoid coming to DOE workbench to create different model entities by utilising exposed services by DOE. As of now the exposed APIs give only the model details that are already created in DOE. The services that can help in create model entities are not exposed.

Below is only to understand your requirement:

The way i guess you are intending to use is: you already have all the data model details ( in the form of DB table definition ) or some interface/webservice signature. With this you will do required transformation and call the exposed APIs from DOE, and create the Data Object, DM, bapiwrapper ( only defnition and not implementation; else reuse the bapiwrapper already implemented in some system that matches your need ) and any other DOE component as needed. And after that do the required runtime actions. All the above from the same place/IDE where you will be developing the client/application part, say in eclipse.

The few areas that i feel the developer may still need to go to ABAP development are: implementation of bapiwrappers, custom services (if needed ) and custom exits (if needed]).

-

pradeep

former_member210955
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes you summarized my requirements correctly.

So as i understand from your reply.There are no APIs exposed to create the Backend Adapters and Data Objects ?.

Once the model details are there in the DOE, then to fetch the model details and may be update those kind of services are available.

Since i am not much familar with ABAP i am reluctant to do ABAP coding :).

Thanks and Regards,

Saurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav

There are no APIs exposed to create the Backend Adapters and Data Objects ?.

Yes.

Once the model details are there in the DOE, then to fetch the model details and may be update those kind of services are available.

Correction here. Only the read APIs are available. No API is exposed for doing any update on the models.

regards

pradeep