cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro: View Layout is not displayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

Currently I want to develop some Web Dynpros. My problem is that ABAP Workbench is not displaying the Views Layout. There's an error message: "Website cannot be displayed".

I'm using ECC 6.0 and IE 8. I've changed my windows host file and added the column with the SAP Servers IP and adress. But that changed nothing.....

Has someone any idea what's wrong?

Thanks in advance

TannaT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that you have activated all required [services|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/d28dfa34bb12bee10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm]. If that doesn't help refer notes at the very bottom in given link.

Regards

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey.

All the services are running.

I forgot one detail: On other machines the View Layout is displayed. So I think all the adjustments on the SAP System are ok. Only on my local machine somethings wrong......

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hi Tannat,

Kindly try out the process again.

go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and add your application server(SAP) and sap id(sap-01.aig.com).

then go to properties->tools->internet options->connections->lan settings->advanced->(in your exceptions tab)sap-01.aig.com

This is the process carried out for the view.

Kindly try out this process .

Hope you find your solution.

Regards,

Mathew

Former Member
0 Kudos

He Mathew,

Thanks for your post.

I followed your instructions but unfortunately it's still not working....

The host file is ok, there's the application server and the SAP ID. (It looks like this: "IP adress", "xxx.xxx.lan", "sap id")

The (Internet Explorer's) internet options....I can follow your path until the lan settings...there is no option for advanced or exceptions....

I compared my settings (host-file and internet options) with my collegue....the host file entry is the same and he has no special internet option settings. When he open some web dynpros in the Workbench there's a login window popin' up and he has to fill in his sap login data.....

I hope you have some further tips....

Tan

Edited by: tannat on Oct 5, 2010 11:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tannat,

well I have given my host file details as eg " 134.526.32.21 sap-01.aig.com"

In your internet options do you have an option of PROXY SERVER.

In that you have to give an exception for sap-01.aig.com so that the page is bypassed by the proxy.Most sites are blocked by the proxy while evaluation,thats the reason we get an error and the view is not displayed.

If your not able to identify try this

You would have given your proxy server for your LAN where you give your address and port number or check if you have any other option where you give the HTTP server proxy address to use.Next to that you may have a link to bypass the proxy server for addresses.In that addresses give sap-01.aig.com.This will surely bypass the address and you can use the view.

Your colleague has got his settings right,as you have to get a login page from SAP.

Hope you are able to find the solution with this.

Regards,

Mathew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried it out, but it's still not working.

I'm not using any kind of proxy server, so i think i do not have to create an exception for the proxy connection....

Anyway, I changed some of the internet options' settings. If I now try to open a view there's a login window popin' up that asks me to choose a dial-in connection, but there is no choice to select.

My connection to the sap system looks like this: In the office I just plug in the network cable - that's it. For external connection there's a vpn connection.

I think the host file is ok, IP and Host.....

any more ideas..............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tannat,

Does the login page ask you for a username and password? If yes you have to give your SAP logon username and password.

else

do you have any option of LAN settings?

-

So your saying that you are able to access the view layout when your at office?

You have this problem when you access this from home?

Edited by: benumartin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the login window asks me to select a dial-in connection. Ii's not a SAP Login window. In this window there comes a dropdown list without any connection entries as I do not have any LAN oder Dial-In connections. There's only an entry for the VPN connection.

And the problem occurs in both situations, so I cannot see the layout, neither from the office nor through the VPN connection.....

I absolutely have no idea......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tannat,

You have access through VPN.

I think you need to get an authentication from your team or from your adminstration,cos they have blocked your access to the SAP logon,

You need to get the access to get your view layout.

Yours is a secured network where manipulation by us is not possible,I think you have to contact your admin.

Try it out,

Hope for the best.

Regards,

Mathew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I could solve the problem. The problem was, the host file contained several entries for other software. I tried it out on an other machine and it worked. So I just copied the other machines' host file to my machine. Now its workung.

Thank you all for your help an your time.

Tan

KiranJ
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hai ,

In ur view in top most one Button that is Show/hide button click on that button....

plz check it once ...............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the Button you mentioned the Layout Preview? Its in show modus of course, otherwise I could'nt see the that it's not working