cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, gurus!

I´m moving some transport requests from one system to another via UNIX, and when moving these objects and overriding in the target system, all previous versions from this object are deleted. Currently I´m using UMODE 128.

Is there any way to move these objects without deleting the previous versions (displayed from Version Management in ABAP Workbench) ?

Thank you very much in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without overwriting the object or the request, you cannot import to that particular server, otherwise what will happen is if you transport it normally there wont be much changes in that request in the database.

Regards

Nizam

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I´m moving some transport requests from one system to another via UNIX, and when moving these objects and overriding in the target system, all previous versions from this object are deleted. Currently I´m using UMODE 128.

Since you didn't change the original objects the transported ones are not "changes of the object" but new objects - and hence there is no way of keeping the versions.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

But the problem is that I´m trying to move the changes from a given object, and it gives a RC 8 with this description:

"R3TRFUGR*** original object cannot be replaced."

and I´m looking into the procedure and it says:

"If you still want to import the object, repeat the import with Unconditional Mode 2."

That actually this UMODE is Override Object. So, with this UMODE, is there any way to keep the versions?

Thank you!

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> That actually this UMODE is Override Object. So, with this UMODE, is there any way to keep the versions?

If you overwrite an object it's overwritten - including the versioning.

Markus