cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplified Chinese "GB2312" in XI3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a scenario IDoc (R/3 4.6c) to file (encrypted file) where I received in IDoc with GB2312 character in few segment. I used the simple file receiver with transfer mode "Text" and File type "Text" but File Encoding is blank.

And also I'm using Advanto as my PGP to encrypt the file where customer says they are not able to process the file.

Can anybody help to know is there any setup to be made at File receiver level or at PGP module?

Please let me know if any more details required.

note: I had gone through the link: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9-2910-d99f-8aba5d79fb42

Thanks,

Dhil

Edited by: Jason Lax on Jan 25, 2012 12:34 PM - Corrected link to asset

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inside the XML all characters should be UTF-8. So you have to figure out which encoding is expected at receiver.

When you need GB2312, then apply that encoding in the file adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks! They need GB2312

Just to confirm. Do you mean just update text "GB2312" in File Encoding option at Processing TAB will work?

Because as per the below link it support only US-ASCII, ISO -8859-1, UTF-8, UTF-16BE, UTF-16LE and UTF-16.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm

Appreciate your detailed information.

Thanks,

Dhil

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Just to confirm. Do you mean just update text "GB2312" in File Encoding option at Processing TAB will work?

Yes.

> Because as per the below link it support only US-ASCII, ISO -8859-1, UTF-8, UTF-16BE, UTF-16LE and UTF-16.

"_at least_ the following standard character sets must be supported"

But you should also make sure that the codepage of GB2312 is available on PI server OS. Maybe it must be installed first.

Edited by: Stefan Grube on Oct 4, 2010 3:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

No luck!

Case1: given 'GB2312' in file encoding parameter but received as an junk character as below in text file and decryption is also failed.

Start???¨²?¡§?¨¨?????¨¦????????¡À??¡ã???¡ì??Stop

Case2: Tried blank at file encoding parameter received the text file properly but decryption failed.

StartÖ麣 Çø¹âÁªÍ¨Ñ¶¼¼ÊõÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾Ö麣±£ Ë°Çø¹âÁªÍ¨Ñ¶¼¼ÊõÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾Stop

Question:

1. Our sender R/3 is an MDMP system since we are using IDoc there is no explicit communication channel how this conversion will happen in XI? What would be the output codepage of XI?

2. When I use Case2 I could be after encryption module called the codepage is changed to "Success Transfer: "TXT" mode, size 9970 bytes, character encoding ISO8859-1 " will this be a root cause?

Note: The receiver system is an UNIX system.

Appreciate your inputs and let me know if any more details requried.

Thanks,

Dhill

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you first describe your scenario full detailled, so people in forum need nit guess what you really want to achieve.

When you assign an encoding in file receiver channel,this works only for plain text files.

Not for XML files or files which are encripted in a module.

btw: are the chinese characters correct in SXMB_MONI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan & All,

My scenario is Idoc to encrypted flat file.

The end to end scenario is to send Idoc from R/3 (4.6c) to XI3.0 and send the encrypted flat file customer FTP server(unix). I am using Advantco PGP module for encryption.

italicsbtw: are the chinese characters correct in SXMB_MONI?italics

No I could not able to see the chinese character in SXMB_MONI.

May I also know how the code conversion is happening in XI it is via 'INDEX' or 'SYMBOL'? can anybody help to send any link to know the details in better.

Thanks,

Dhill

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> No I could not able to see the chinese character in SXMB_MONI.

Then you have an issue in your RFC communication R/3 -> PI.

Maybe the logon language of the RFC connection is not correct, maybe the unicaode settings.

> May I also know how the code conversion is happening in XI it is via 'INDEX' or 'SYMBOL'?

I do not understand this. What do you mean? What is INDEX? What is SYMBOL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Then you have an issue in your RFC communication R/3 -> PI.

>Maybe the logon language of the RFC connection is not correct, maybe the unicaode settings.

I have check in R/3 system RFC setting (SM59) but could not able to find any specific parameter related to Unicode setup. Can you help to know where I need to check? what information?

>I do not understand this. What do you mean? What is INDEX? What is SYMBOL?

As far as I know where we interact between different codepage (say for eg., in my case R/3 is an MDMP and XI is UNICODE ) there should be same referencing will happen at memory level to reflect the corresponding value of non-English character. May I know how this will be happen in XI? Is there any document to refer?

And also I could able to see the Simplified Chinese properly when I decrypt successfully myself without changing any setup in CC (i.e. File encoding left as blank).

Thanks,

Dhill

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check SAP Note 991763.

When you want to do encryption with an adapter module, you cannot apply any conversion of the encoding in file adapter.

You have to do the conversion before the encryption step.

Could you let me know, how you have maintained your module configuration in file adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delay Stefan!

>>Could you let me know, how you have maintained your module configuration in file adapter?

I am using 2 modules one is BIC module and other PGP module from Advantco in module tab in file receiver adapter. No other configuration no other conversion maintained anywhere.

Please note I am able to decrypt the file successfully with our own system without any changes

Please let me know if any more details required.

Thanks,

Dhill.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you applied steps according to note 991763?

Is the message in SXMB_MONI now correct?

I am not sure what the result of the BIC module is.

When it is XML, you can change the encoding to GB2312 with XMLAnonymizerbean, when it is text you can use the TextCodepageConversionBean. See a description for the modules in online help.

You apply that module between the BIC and the PGP module. The file type in the channel should be binary, as the result is an encrypted file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Have you applied steps according to note 991763?

I have gone through the OSS note but seems it is not relevant to my scenario due to the below note in OSS

Both SAP systems must have at least one of the Support Package levels listed here. The solution is supported only for those IDocs that are collected in the outbound, that must not be sent in a QRFC queue and are not to be processed by the IDoc Adapter in SAP Exchange Infrastructure (XI).

unquote

And also currently our sender R/3 system is (SAPKB46C50) and XI system is (SAPKB64020)

Do you still recommend us to proceed with applying this OSS note?

Is the message in SXMB_MONI now correct?

No the message is not correct at SXMB_MONI

Here is what I can see in SXMB_MONI.

ÉϺ£µÂð©µç×ÓÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾ÉϺ£µÂð©µç×ÓÓÐ

I am not sure what the result of the BIC module is.

The BIC module is just used similar to FCC as the structure of the text file is complex. We are using only text not XML.

The issue is still exists and let me know your suggestion.

Thanks,

Dhill

Former Member
0 Kudos

All...it is solved because of custom code in UDF the issue reoccured.

Dhill