Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Requirement Quantity

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have assigned a component with a negative quantity (Requirement qty = -1) to a internal activity. I have confirmed the activity as completed but my question is when the component should appear as available on the project Builder? Committed qty = 1?

Thanks,

mforman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using MIGO tcode:

A01 Goods Receipt

R09 Reservation

Movement 581 for the assembly with negative requirement and 281 for the components.

Problem is that al assemblies in the same network have the same reservation number.

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Assigning a material component with -ve qty means its going to trigger a reservation with mvt type 581 (by product receipt). It will not give committed qty. When you receive the material through MIGO, same qty can be shown as withdrawn qty.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have make a bom transfer to the project, so the header has a negative quantity and has triggered, as you told me, a reservation. Once I have purchased all the items of the bom, they are also assigned to the same reservation.

Which movement I should create in MIGO in order to withdrawn the items and make the post good issue of the header?

The only way is doing it through MIGO?

Thanks a lot

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm still trying to understand how assembly items works.

Once I made the movement type 581 for the assembly (and 281 for the components) through MIGO I see that the Withdrawal Qty has been updated for both, the assembly and the assembly components.

If I have a withdrawal Qty in an assembly item I must, always, understand that the assembly have been assembled and that it's available on the storage location?

And it's possible to have different assemblies on the same network different reservation numbers?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The qty. withdrawn field is updated once a goods mvt. is posted as noticed by you. In case of -ve reservation, it implies, the qty. visible in withdrawn field is the qty. which is received into stock.

Yes you can have multiple negative reservations (assemblies) assigned to a given network activity.

Regards,

Vivek

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks vivek,

It just seemed a bit confusing that in one case (-ve qty) it means "the available quantity" and in the other "the consumed qty".

About multiple -ve reservations, what I meant is that when I transfer two different BOMs to the same network they are both assigned to the same Reservation number, I would like to have one for each assembly, it's possible?

Thanks

P.S.: Sorry I posted twice the same, it was a mistake and I didn't knew how to delete it.

Edited by: mforman on Jan 10, 2011 9:02 AM

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks vivek,

It just seemed a bit confusing that in one case (-ve qty) it means "the available quantity" and in the other "the consumed qty".

About multiple -ve reservations, what I meant is that when I transfer two different BOMs to the same network they are both assigned to the same Reservation number, I would like to have one for each assembly, it's possible?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a single network you cant have multiple reservation numbers. Cant think of a business need which requires something like this.

Can you let us know why it is required?

Regards,

Vivek

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My customer assigns many assemblies to the same activity with all the components (of each of the assemblies). I would like to have different reservation numbers in order to be able to differentiate the components of each assembly and once I have all the components available of one of the assemblies (all the components with the same reservation number) be able to make the movement type 581.

Do you think is sensible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I really can't think of a convincing case of why one would want to do something like that. But I wouldn't certainly say its not a valid case, as I do not know the business context.

However if it is absolutely required to do that, then you would do better to consider different networks.

Alternatively once you transfer via BOM transfer, the fields Main Assy & parent assy. fields are filled up, this should help you get the parent child link. However I am not sure if these fields are available in the Goods Movement transaction. Just do a check at your end.

Good luck.

Regards,

Vivek

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reason is that they are working with a product with hundred (even thousands) of components which they subdivided in sub-assemblies, and we don't think that having a network (reservation number) for each sub-assembly would be feasible.

It doesn't seem a strange business context, does it?

We already realised about the existences of these fields Main Assy & parent assy you told me, but I don't see them on the MIGO tcode, neither in the CNMM with which I think they are going to manage all the components (once their had been attached to the project).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For sure its not a strange business context, but somehow my personal experience with the component list which is available in network orders makes me believe it is not so user friendly.

Anyways keeping my bias aside, I fully grasp your situation, because in my project as well we have loads of components to be loaded (~ 1500++), but thankfully there was no such requirement as yours.

A suggestion, the field Goods recipient is available in MIGO & CNMM, so discuss with your abaper if you can populate this field with the required value. The user exit which would be of help CNEX0009 & the specific field would be RESBD-WEMPF. But make note this field length is 12 characters.

Hope the above helps in meeting your need.

Good luck.

Regards,

Vivek

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your answer, are you suggesting to populated the "GR" field with the data of the main assembly on the assignment tab?

Nevertheless how do you managed those 1500 components? you only start the assembly task once you have all components available? (that would be inoperative at my project)

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Populate the field with the value which you require for sorting / filtering, maybe the assembly nos. for example.

At our end, all components not required at same time, but they have different offsets & the GI is done based on the need date & the receipt from the n/w is based on the date as well.

Regards,

Vivek