Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore track from DTR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I am in desperate need of help.

By mistake I deleted the whole track instead of just deleting one of the software components from the list.

As you probably know the files are not deleted from DTR, when you delete a track, so my question is, how can I restrore the track from the DTR?

I have setup the track again with the correct runtime systems (dev, cons, prod), but there are no SCs and DCs in the track.

So I just need the contents from DTR.

Please can anybody help me.

Cheers,

Jacob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

after recreating the track in CMS in "Landscape Configurator", just go to the "Transport studio" of the CMS webui and check-in again the dependent software (Check-in tab).

After they are checked in, go to the Development tab, and import all the software sitting in the import queue with status 'waiting for import'. Do the same for cons. DTR is holding the sources of your custom DCs, but the import is necessary, because due to track deletion, the CBS buildspaces were deleted as well (no worries, CBS holds only the dependent DCs -- the archives). If this step is missing, you'll not be able to build and activate.

After this is done succesfully, start your NWDS, and reimport the development configuration the software should be there again.

If you really did not do anything else, just removing the track from CMS webui, and if you recreated it in the same way as before, then it will work.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

Thanks a lot for your answer.

If I recreate the track with the same name, can I be sure that it won't overwrite the existing DTR workspace?

I have tried to create a new track with a different name and check-in, as you wrote. But the problem is that my custom component is not in the check-in list even though I have added the component in the landscape configurator. Do you have any ideas?

I have the same issue, when I try to add sources for ESS/MSS. I add for example the ESS component in the landscape configurator, but when I go to the transport studio afterwards, I don't see anything in the check-in queue. Once again, any ideas?

Cheers,

Jacob

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

before I sent my previous answer I tried this. I deleted a track, and saw that the DTR is untouched. Then I created a track with the same name, and still I had my sources in the repository. Then I went to NWDS and checked whether after development config re-import I can see my own DCs. I could find them as if I didn't even had removed my track.

If you use a different name, then of course it'll be a different "namespace" and so it is like a brand new development from scratch without any relation to the track you have removed.

Regarding the SCs on the Check-in tab to be imported, see this note:

#1259604 u2013 CMS check-in tab: Not all files from inbox are displayed

(http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1259604)

If you have any doubts, you can:

a. create a new test track in which you create a test DC with some implementation (only to make it more than an empty DC).

b. delete this track

c. recreate it with the same name

f. check whether you still got your sources.

(this test can be done quickly, and this test can also convince you, whether there's anything to lose in the track where you have important developments)

2. You can also replicate your changes somewhere else, and then go for the track recreation (using the same name). If there's any problem, you have a back up about your development due to the replication. This can be a longer and more complex scenario, but if you want this, see details at: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/46/5d032c1e661cbee10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

I hope this helps.

Good luck and Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ervin!

I recreated the track and everything seems to be in place.

I will look into why I can't seem to check-in ESS and MSS.

Cheers,

Jacob

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jacob,

I am glad if I could help

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again Ervin

It seems there is something wrong after restoring the track. When I checkin the activity from NWDS there are two steps that starts with a running man and must turn into a green check-mark. As I recall the first step is the activation, which ends successfully but the second step just stays on the running man and never finishes.

Do you have any ideas?

Maybe I forgot something in the track config.

/Jacob

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

the second step (the "running man" ) is the deployment.

Check the runtime system configuration on the CMS webui, in the Landscape Configurator (Runtime System Configuration tab).

See also the following guide to ensure that the configuration on this page is fine:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/%28NWDI%29%28CMS%29Q0002

The fact that you face this problem is normal, since you recreated the track, and apparently forgot to maintain the RTS config, or set up improperly.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Ervin. It was a config error in the deployment setup of the track.

When I specify the SDM-ports in NWDS I use the ports 39X0, but in the setup of the track I need to specify the ports 5X104.

I really appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Jacob

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

yes, that is right, for 640/70X you specify 5xx18 (for SDM) and as of 71X you use 5xx04 (for deploy controller, since there's no more SDM as of this release).

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well actually I meant 5X118 but for some reason 5X104 was preentered, when I did the configuration.

In the meantime i have added "/" as a folder in the check-in configuration, as I thought that would point to /usr/trans/CMS. But infact that points to the root of the filesystem So it's taking a very long time to load this view, so I can reconfigure it. Is there another place I can change this setting?

/Jacob

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

can you please open a new thread? I'll take care of it, these questions are just far from the original topic now.

You can mention in the new thread if you wish that it is a continuation of this one.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is done. This is the new thread .

Thanks again.

/Jacob

Answers (0)